Swordfish Cutlets with Citrus Breadcrumbs and Chunky Caponata
Rach's French Onion Risotto + Kyan Douglas' Favorite At-Home Gro…
Queer Eye's Karamo Gives Viewers Advice + Rach's One-Pot Dinner
Rach's Stuffed Shells 2 Ways + Jacques Pépin's Salmon Au Gratin
Katherine Heigl Dishes On Her Netflix Show "Firefly Lane" + Rach…
Daphne Oz's Healthy & Cheesy Comfort Food + Athleisure Trends
Rach's Orecchiette With Bacon! Plus, More Q & Ray + J Questions …
Freddie Prinze Jr. Talks Family Life With Sarah Michelle Gellar …
Rach's English Muffin Bacon, Egg & Cheeseburgers + Ty Pennington…
Tim Tebow's 3 Puppies + Tasty Twist On Coffee Cake From "Girl Me…
Meet TIME's First-Ever Kid of the Year + A Resilience Expert On …
Matthew McConaughey Shares Personal Stories From His Memoir + Ra…
Clinton Kelly's No-Bake Banana Toffee Pie + Rach's Steak Caesar …
Rachael Makes a Rotisserie Chicken Dinner + Hangs With Michael P…
Jacques Pépin Cooks From Home + A Surprise Virtual Baby Shower F…
Viral Video of Man Dancing Joyfully In The Snow After Getting Hi…
Emotional Surprise For Founder of Animal Rescue Non-Profit That …
How Do Rachael & John Take Their Coffee + How Much Do They Drink…
How To Make Spicy Fried Chicken | Rachael Ray
How To Make Oil 'n' Vinegar Slaw With Poppy Seeds | Rachael Ray
Rachael + John Passionately Sing "Could Have Been Me" With John'…
- 12 thin pieces swordfish, trimmed of skin and bloodline
- 3 cups breadcrumbs (I use Buon Italia plain Italian)
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley tops, loosely packed
- Zest of 1 orange
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons chili flakes
- 4 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Olive oil for shallow frying, about 1/2 cup
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- 1 large or 2 medium (about 2 1/2 to 3 pounds total) firm, heavy eggplant, peeled of half the skin then diced into 3/4-inch bite-sized pieces
- 3 tablespoons EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 to 4 small ribs celery with leafy tops, sliced into half-inch pieces
- 1 onion, chopped into half-inch pieces
- 1 cup Sicilian green olives, pitted, coarsely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1 14-ounce can chunky crushed tomatoes
- A few leaves of basil, torn
Pound swordfish very carefully to no more than 1/8-inch thick. Season the fish with salt and pepper.
Pour breadcrumbs into a shallow dish. Finely chop the parsley and the crumbs along with the zests, chili flakes and garlic to the pile of parsley then chop together to combine. Work the gremolata through the breadcrumbs evenly then season with salt.
Arrange the eggplant on kitchen towel, salt it and let drain for 20 minutes. Press out excess liquids.
For the caponata, heat a large deep skillet over medium high heat with EVOO, 3 turns of the pan. Add eggplant, celery, onions, olives, chili flakes and garlic, and season with salt and pepper. Cook partially covered to soften, 7-8 minutes, then add pine nuts and tomatoes. Reduce heat, simmer 10 minutes more to just tender then stir in torn basil.
Heat a shallow layer of olive oil in very large skillet. Press cutlets firmly into the breadcrumbs to coat then cook cutlets to golden on each side in small batches of 2 to 3 at a time. Keep cooked cutlets warm in oven preheated to 275°F on rack-lined baking sheet.
Serve cutlets with lemon wedges and caponata alongside.