Kate Hudson likes to add cocoa to her chai tea for a daily morning brain boost. She uses her new INBLOOM Brain Flow supplement, made with organic cocoa, ashwagandha root extract, bacopin bacopa whole herb extract, organic lion's mane, mushroom fruiting body extract and Ginkgo leaf extract—but you can also use plain unsweetened cocoa powder. Watch her make it in her home kitchen in the video above.
- ¼ inch fresh ginger, grated or finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon crushed cinnamon stick, or ½ teaspoon ground
- 1 teaspoon black tea
- 3 crushed cardamom pods, or ½ teaspoon ground
- ⅓ cup milk (Kate likes to use oat milk)
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder (or INBLOOM Brain Flow)
Heat 1 cup water in a saucepan with ginger, cinnamon and black tea. Once the water boils, add cardamom and milk. Turn off the heat and let sit for 1 to 2 minutes.
Strain the chai into a cocktail shaker or leak-proof thermos. Add cocoa powder and shake it up. Or, pour tea in a cup and stir in cocoa powder.