How To Make Fish or Chicken Soft Tacos | Rachael Ray
How to Make a Vermouth Spritz | John Cusimano
Stop Everything and Listen to "Buongiorno Baby"—the Song John Co…
How to Make Bistecca (Porterhouse) with Walnut Salsa Verde and C…
Rachael Reveals Her Favorite Place to Eat in Tuscany, Italy | Q …
What's In Our Meal Bag? 3 Sweet Stories from Viewers Who Tried R…
Brooke Shields Tearfully Recounts Devastating Accident + Leg Inj…
How to Make Roasted Honey-Soy Green Beans | Rachael Ray
We Surprise a Mom of 10 (Including 6 Foster Kids!) Who Works So …
How to Make Salt 'n' Pepper Pork or Chicken | Rachael Ray
How to Make Caramel Apple Shortcakes | Grant Melton
How to Make Sausages with Apples and Onions & Charred, Spiced Ca…
Robin Roberts Tearfully Recalls the Emotional Moment Her Sister …
How to Make Easy Grilled Corn with Jalapeño Cilantro Glaze | Sun…
How to Make Chianti Risotto with Garlicky Spinach and Oven Charr…
How to Make Sheet Pan Chicken with Rosemary & Grapes | Queer Eye…
Feast Your Eyes on Our Savory 16 Charcuterie Board + We Promise …
How to Make an Edible Cheeseboard With Focaccia for Your Next Pa…
How to Make Miso Ramen with Steak, Japanese-Style Tomato Salad +…
How to Make Apple Cider Doughnut Cake | Milk Bar's Christina Tosi
Choose between fish + chicken for Rach's delish soft tacos that come with pickled red onions, jalapeños + a spicy crema sauce.
Shopping tip: For the chipotle hot sauce in the spicy crema sauce, Rach likes Tabasco Chipotle.
"Is it Friday or Tuesday? For some, Fridays are for fish, and for others, tacos are for Tuesdays. For us, these we will make and enjoy 24/7. We serve these tacos with green rice and black beans." –Rach
Try pairing these with John's Spicy Mango Margaritas, which he whipped up using fresh mango puree.
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vinegar, white or cider
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 small-medium red onion, very thinly sliced or mandolin sliced
- 1 large jalapeño pepper or 2 medium, very thinly sliced
- 1½ pounds white firm fish, such as cod filet, or chicken tenders or chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin (a palmful)
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander (a palmful)
- 1 tablespoon ground ancho or mild blended chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika (half a palmful)
- 1½ teaspoons dried oregano
- About 1½ teaspoons granulated garlic
- About 1½ teaspoons granulated onion
- About 1½ teaspoons salt
- About 1½ teaspoons pepper
- 1 cup crema, sour cream or Greek yogurt
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chipotle paste in a tube or chipotle hot sauce
- 2 to 3 tablespoons neutral oil or olive oil
- ½ small red cabbage, cored, quartered and very thinly sliced
- 3 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped, or Pico de Gallo
- 1½ cups cotija cheese, crumbled, or queso fresco
- Small wedges of lime
- 16 corn tortillas, warmed in nonstick skillet or to package directions
For the pickled red onions and jalapeño peppers, combine sugar, salt and vinegar with juice of 1 lime, then add onions and jalapeño and toss and let sit at least 30 minutes. Toss to serve.
For the seasoning and protein, cut fish into planks 1-inch –by-3-inches long. Cut tenders in half or breasts into strips then planks. Toss with seasoning and let stand 20 minutes to couple of hours. (Save extra seasoning for future use.)
For the sauce, mix in bowl to spoon or funnel into a plastic squeeze bottle.
To prepare and serve, heat a large skillet over medium-high to high heat with oil and cook fish or chicken to brown and just cook through on each side in 2 batches, 4 to 5 minutes per batch.
Serve with fixings in tacos. We build the tacos like this: sauce, protein, cabbage, pickled onions, tomatoes or pico and cheese.