How To Make Fish or Chicken Soft Tacos | Rachael Ray
We Asked a DIY Pro to Test This Liquid Alternative To Painter's …
We Test Mirror Effect Spray Paint That Claims To Turn Regular Gl…
Cinematographer Uses Drones To Rescue Animals Around The World |…
Deals From Rue La La: Cooling Hypoallergenic Gel Fiber Pillows, …
Andrew McCarthy's Son Calls Weekend At Bernie's The Stupidest Mo…
How To Make Jambalaya-Style Pasta with Spicy Pork (or Chicken) a…
Bacon-Praline Macaroni and Cheese | The Twisted Soul Cookbook
Spicy Big Smack Burgers With Smoky Onions + Denis Leary & Rach T…
How To Make Tagliatelle with Fava and Herb Pesto | Rachael Ray
Sam Sifton's Meatball Salad | The New York Times Cooking No-Reci…
Stylist Stacy London Says Skinny Jeans Will Never Die—Here's Why
How To Make John's "Sundays With Mom" Champagne Cocktail | John …
How To Make French Onion Monte Cristo with Spring Greens Salad |…
Justin Long's Mom Adorably Reveals What He Was Like When He Was …
We Celebrate a Teacher Who Makes Every One of Her Students a Per…
How To Make Boozy Berries | Rachael Ray
A Doctor's Favorite Types Of Calming Teas For Stress | Gastroent…
A Visual Trick That Could Help Stop Anxious Thoughts Instantly |…
4 Ways Stress Could Be Hurting Your Stomach + Tips For Relief | …
How To Make Ramen with Sesame-Miso Broth and Baked Crispy Tofu |…
Choose between fish + chicken for Rach's delish soft tacos that come with pickled red onions, jalapeños + a spicy crema sauce.
Shopping tip: For the chipotle hot sauce in the spicy crema sauce, Rach likes Tabasco Chipotle.
"Is it Friday or Tuesday? For some, Fridays are for fish, and for others, tacos are for Tuesdays. For us, these we will make and enjoy 24/7. We serve these tacos with green rice and black beans." –Rach
Try pairing these with John's Spicy Mango Margaritas, which he whipped up using fresh mango puree.
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vinegar, white or cider
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 small-medium red onion, very thinly sliced or mandolin sliced
- 1 large jalapeño pepper or 2 medium, very thinly sliced
- 1½ pounds white firm fish, such as cod filet, or chicken tenders or chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin (a palmful)
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander (a palmful)
- 1 tablespoon ground ancho or mild blended chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika (half a palmful)
- 1½ teaspoons dried oregano
- About 1½ teaspoons granulated garlic
- About 1½ teaspoons granulated onion
- About 1½ teaspoons salt
- About 1½ teaspoons pepper
- 1 cup crema, sour cream or Greek yogurt
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chipotle paste in a tube or chipotle hot sauce
- 2 to 3 tablespoons neutral oil or olive oil
- ½ small red cabbage, cored, quartered and very thinly sliced
- 3 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped, or Pico de Gallo
- 1½ cups cotija cheese, crumbled, or queso fresco
- Small wedges of lime
- 16 corn tortillas, warmed in nonstick skillet or to package directions
For the pickled red onions and jalapeño peppers, combine sugar, salt and vinegar with juice of 1 lime, then add onions and jalapeño and toss and let sit at least 30 minutes. Toss to serve.
For the seasoning and protein, cut fish into planks 1-inch –by-3-inches long. Cut tenders in half or breasts into strips then planks. Toss with seasoning and let stand 20 minutes to couple of hours. (Save extra seasoning for future use.)
For the sauce, mix in bowl to spoon or funnel into a plastic squeeze bottle.
To prepare and serve, heat a large skillet over medium-high to high heat with oil and cook fish or chicken to brown and just cook through on each side in 2 batches, 4 to 5 minutes per batch.
Serve with fixings in tacos. We build the tacos like this: sauce, protein, cabbage, pickled onions, tomatoes or pico and cheese.