Veggie lovers — Rach's quick & easy grilled pepper & onion kebabs are for you this BBQ season.
"The reason why we cook vegetables separate from meat is because they have different cooking times," Rach says.
Rach pairs these kebabs—or "Ke-BOBs," as she likes to call them, in honor of virtually cooking them with her friend Bob Harper—with this ultimate summer menu:
- 2 red sweet, frying or bell peppers, seeded and cut into 1 ½-inch bite-size pieces
- 2 green or light green frying, sweet or bell peppers, seeded and cut into 1 ½-inch bite-size pieces
- 1 large red onion, cut into large bite-size pieces
- 24 drained Greek light green hot pickled peppers or pepperoncini
- Non-aerosol olive oil spray
- Salt and pepper
Thread vegetables on metal skewers, layering red and green peppers with red onions and hot pickled pepperoncini. Spray evenly with oil and season with salt and pepper.
Preheat grill to medium-high. Spray grill surface with oil. Grill or broil skewers 8 to 10 minutes to tender-crisp, turning occasionally to char at edges.