How To Make Mongolian Beef with Shishito Peppers By Rachael
Rach's French Onion Risotto + Kyan Douglas' Favorite At-Home Gro…
Queer Eye's Karamo Gives Viewers Advice + Rach's One-Pot Dinner
Rach's Stuffed Shells 2 Ways + Jacques Pépin's Salmon Au Gratin
Katherine Heigl Dishes On Her Netflix Show "Firefly Lane" + Rach…
Daphne Oz's Healthy & Cheesy Comfort Food + Athleisure Trends
Rach's Orecchiette With Bacon! Plus, More Q & Ray + J Questions …
Freddie Prinze Jr. Talks Family Life With Sarah Michelle Gellar …
Rach's English Muffin Bacon, Egg & Cheeseburgers + Ty Pennington…
Tim Tebow's 3 Puppies + Tasty Twist On Coffee Cake From "Girl Me…
Meet TIME's First-Ever Kid of the Year + A Resilience Expert On …
Matthew McConaughey Shares Personal Stories From His Memoir + Ra…
Clinton Kelly's No-Bake Banana Toffee Pie + Rach's Steak Caesar …
Rachael Makes a Rotisserie Chicken Dinner + Hangs With Michael P…
Jacques Pépin Cooks From Home + A Surprise Virtual Baby Shower F…
Viral Video of Man Dancing Joyfully In The Snow After Getting Hi…
Emotional Surprise For Founder of Animal Rescue Non-Profit That …
How Do Rachael & John Take Their Coffee + How Much Do They Drink…
How To Make Spicy Fried Chicken | Rachael Ray
How To Make Oil 'n' Vinegar Slaw With Poppy Seeds | Rachael Ray
Rachael + John Passionately Sing "Could Have Been Me" With John'…
A beef and shishito pepper stir-fry gets tossed with a ginger-laced sauce that pairs just right with a side of jasmine rice.
- 1 ½ cups water
- Salt and coarse black pepper
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 1 ½ to 2 pounds thin sirloin or flank steak, thinly sliced against grain
- 1 tablespoon ground Szechuan peppercorn
- ¼ to ⅓ cup cornstarch
- ⅓ cup hoisin sauce
- ⅓ cup water
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons smoked shoyu sauce or soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 5 to 6 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 package stemmed shishito peppers , or 1 pint
- 2 inches ginger root, cut into matchsticks or chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced or chopped
- 1 bunch spring onions or 2 bunches scallions, trimmed of roots and chopped, reserve about ½ cup greens to garnish
- Toasted sesame seeds, for garnish
Heat 1 ½ cups water to boil, salt it and add the rice, then stir and cover and cook about 15-18 minutes. Turn off heat, and fluff with fork to serve.
Pat steak dry and season with salt, pepper and ground Szechuan peppercorns.
Scatter the cornstarch on a plate.
In a small bowl, stir up hoisin, ⅓ cup water, Worcestershire, smoked shoyu or soy, light brown sugar and toasted sesame oil.
Heat a cast-iron skillet over medium-high to high heat. Add oil, 3 turns of the pan. Coat half the beef in cornstarch and shake off excess and brown and crisp meat, then remove to a plate and repeat.
Add remaining oil, 2 turns of the pan, then add shishito peppers and blister, 2 minutes. Add ginger and garlic and most of the spring onions or scallions, toss another minute, add meat and sauce and toss to combine.
Serve beef topped with remaining green onions, sesame seeds and rice.