How to Make Roasted Eggplant, Pepper and Tomato Pasta | Rachael …
How to Make Spaghetti or Linguini with Red Clam Sauce | Rachael …
Coach Rob Mendez, Football Coach Born Without Limbs, Tells His I…
How to Make a Strawberry Negroni | John Cusimano
How to Make Baked Fish with Bay and Breadcrumbs | Rachael Ray
Justin Long on Directing His First Movie, Lady of the Manor + Th…
Rachael's Husband, John, Tells Kate Hudson He Wants to Hang Out …
How to Make Deviled Steaks and Marcella Hazan-Style Crispy Potat…
How to Make a Smokehouse Stack Burger | Billionaire Burger Boyz
How to Make Spaghetti alla Puttanesca | Rachael Ray
How to Make Lemon Posset | Jacques Pépin
How to Make Grilled Ginger-Sesame Chicken Salad | Curtis Stone
How to Make Oven Fried Chicken
How to Make 4 Mexican-Inspired Dishes with Pan-Roasted Salsa
Rachael Ray In Season Editor-in-Chief Talks Fall 2021 Italian Is…
At Grand Rapids' Amore Trattoria, You Come for the Authentic Ita…
See Rachael's Italian Dream Home In First Look At New Facebook W…
How to Make Spinach Ricotta Gnudi with Tomato Sauce and Crispy G…
How To Make Chicken Cacciatore | Rachael Ray
We Tried The TikTok Watermelon Slicer
Rachael's Roasted Eggplant, Pepper and Tomato Pasta is a great pasta recipe to turn to in August and September when eggplants, peppers and tomatoes are so abundant and at their peak. Roast the vegetables and tomatoes with garlic and thyme, mash the tomatoes, toss with the cooked pasta and some good EVOO and dinner is done. As Rach says, "Effortless."
Love the combo of eggplants, peppers and tomatoes? Try Sicilian Eggplant and Pepper Ragu and Pappardelle or Roasted Eggplant and Cherry Tomato Pasta alla Norma.
- 24 firm fairy tale (tiny) eggplants, halved (OR 8-10 small, firm, round eggplants or Japanese eggplants, cut into 6-8 thin spears per eggplant)
- ¾ pound small/finger peppers and chili peppers (sweet and hot varieties combined), halved, seeded and cut into strips lengthwise
- 5-6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2-2 ½ pounds cherry, plum or medium-sized tomatoes, halved or cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme
- 3 tablespoons tomato vinegar or aged balsamic vinegar
- Black pepper
- EVOO non-aerosol cooking spray
- 1 pound casarecce or other short-cut pasta
- Fancy, fruity EVOO, for drizzling
- Ricotta salata for grating, to serve
- ½ cup chopped flat-leaf parsley and mint combined, to serve
Preheat oven to 500°F, racks one above and one below center.
Heat a large pot of water to boil for pasta.
Arrange the eggplant and peppers on a foil- and parchment-lined baking sheet, season with salt.
Place crushed garlic in the middle of another foil- and parchment-lined tray and arrange the tomatoes around the garlic along with thyme, vinegar, salt and pepper. Spray both trays with EVOO. Roast 17 to 20 minutes with tomatoes on top until charred and slumped, remove, move eggplant and peppers up to top rack and roast eggplant and peppers 2 to 3 min more.
After about 12 minutes, salt the pasta water and drop pasta and undercook by a minute. Reserve ½ cup cooking water before draining.
Transfer tomatoes to deep skillet and mash and add the roasted eggplant and peppers.
Drain pasta, toss pasta with sauce and the reserved water and a couple turns-of-the-pan of EVOO. Top with shredded ricotta salata, mint and parsley.