How To Make Tagliata (Sliced Steak) with Slow-Roasted Tomatoes a…
This Video of Rach's Number One Feline Fan Watching Her Cook on …
Anthony Michael Hall Talks "Halloween Kills" Story: "It's classi…
You're Doing It Wrong: How to Burn + Extinguish Your Candles So …
How to Make Crispy Skin Chicken with 5-Spice and Sichuan Pepper …
How to Make Bifteki (Greek Burger Patties) | Rachael Ray
First Makeover Back in the Studio is for a Deserving Woman Who's…
Jeremy Sisto Teases Loophole That Could Allow Him to Make an App…
How to Tell if Someone's Been in Your House While You're Away, A…
How to Kick Out a Car Window If You're Kidnapped | Former CIA Of…
This 16-Year-Old Started Her Secret Identity Movement for All Wo…
How to Transition Back to "Real Clothes" with Comfortable Staple…
How to Make Chicken with Apples and Pears and Cheesy Potatoes | …
Why New York Times-Bestselling Thriller Writer Brad Meltzer Was …
Jennifer Tilly on Her Chucky Character Never Aging: "It's Really…
Family-Run Vietnamese Restaurant Lilly's Cafe Is Still a New Orl…
How to Make Corn Crème Brûlée | Richard Blais
How to Make Charred Radicchio Salad | Rachael Ray
How to Make Butter-Basted Ribeye Steaks | Richard Blais
How to Make Bucatini with Creamy Bacon and Onion Sauce | Rachael…
Rach shares an easy recipe for slow-roasted tomatoes with herb sauce to serve alongside an otherwise quick-cooking dinner of tagliata (sliced steak) and arugula salad.
- 4 large heirloom tomatoes, stemmed and tops trimmed
- 1 tablespoon aged balsamic or aged tomato vinegar
- 2 tablespoons good-quality extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 shallot , coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cups parsley leaves
- ½ cup mint leaves
- One generous handful of basil leaves, torn
- Salt and 1 teaspoon red pepper
- ⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Four 8-ounce sirloin steaks or 8 ounce portions of hanger or flank steak
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- A couple cloves of garlic, crushed
- A few sprigs of rosemary , chopped
- Crushed red pepper, optional
- A drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO) to marinate, plus 2 tablespoons for greens
- Non-aerosol cooking spray
- 2 lemons, halved
- 6 to 7 cups arugula
- 1 cup shaved/curls of Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Flaky salt or flaky smoked salt
For the tomatoes, preheat oven to 300˚F.
Arrange the tomatoes on parchment-lined tray and dress with vinegar, oil and salt and pepper and roast 90 minutes.
For the sauce, combine ingredients in food processor, process, transfer to small bowl. When tomatoes are at room temperature, slather with herb sauce and serve with sliced steak.
For the tagliata, pat steaks dry and take the chill off by bringing to room temperature. Season with kosher salt and pepper, rub with garlic and combine with the rosemary, crushed red pepper (if using), and EVOO, and let stand 30 minutes. Remove garlic before cooking and heat cast iron skillet over medium-high heat, add a spray of oil and the steaks and 2 of the halves of lemons. Cook steaks 6 minutes for pink centers, flipping halfway through, let rest 3 minutes. Remove the charred lemon.
Toss arugula with juice of other small lemon and EVOO, salt and add cheese curls.
Slice steak and sprinkle with smoked flaky salt and charred lemon juice.
Serve steaks with greens and cheese along one side and tomatoes with herb sauce along the other side.