Tip #1: Serve a “Pig Board”
Mary recommends serving a variety of pigs in a blanket — some traditional, some vegetarian and some spicy — with some pickles, dips, and mustards on a board or platter. Plus, you can make this before your guests arrive.
“It’s done, it’s a meal, it’s all you got to do,” she says.
Tip #2: Give Your Guests Book Quote Charger Plates
In order to make your book club special, Mary says you should give your guests something to take home. That’s why she recommends decorating charger plates with your favorite book quotes.
-White Ceramic Charger Plate
1. Take your favorite quote or paragraph from a book and write it out on the rim of the charger plate.
2. Put the plate in the oven on 300 degrees for about 40 minutes and let it set for 24 hours. The quote becomes a decorative charger to help serve your food.
3. DON’T put food directly on the writing (as it is not food safe.) Either serve food on a smaller plate or have it wrapped in a protective coating.
Tip #3: Make Custom Bookmarks and Coasters
You can’t have a book club party without bookmarks OR drinks! That’s why Mary likes making custom bookmarks and coasters, which are also funcitonal.
“After I’m done with my cocktail, there is nothing I enjoy more than cozying up with a good book,” she says.
-2 Pieces of Fabric
Steps for Coasters:
1. Cut fabric into 4 X 4 square.
Steps for Bookmarks:
1. Take one 4 X 4 square and cut it diagonally.
2. Take diagonal piece and hot glue it on top of a different 4 x 4 square.