Veal Chops Valdostana with Oven Frites and Haricots Verts
How to Make Spiked Hot Chocolate Hazelnut Mudslides | Sunny Ande…
Jamie Lee Curtis Has an Adorable Proud Godmother Moment for Gods…
What Are Rachael's Favorite Plant-Based Meals to Make? | Q & Ray…
Jamie Lee Curtis On Her "Halloween Kills" Character Laurie "Soft…
How to Make Marinated Beef Filet Bites with Spinach Rice Pilaf (…
How to Make German Chocolate Cookies | Sunny Anderson
How to Make Chocolate-Hazelnut Puff Pastry Twists
How to Make Everything Puff Pastry Pigs in a Blanket
Black-ish Star Anthony Anderson Teases Final Season Surprises: "…
Baby Nursery Tour: Style Expert + Host Lilliana Vazquez Shows In…
How to Make Bacon, Egg and Cheese Toast Cups
Anthony Anderson's Mom Put Acting Dreams Aside to Raise Him—But …
How to Make Rotisserie Chicken and Scallion Noodles | Rachael Ray
Our First Guest Back in the Studio Is Legendary Chef Jacques Pép…
How to Make Chile Verde Tacos de Picadillo | Rachael Ray
Rach Returns to Studio in New Set Kitchen: Watch Her Welcome Our…
José Andrés Makes a Fridge-Hunting Tuna Salad
Bob Harper Needed a Letter of Recommendation for His New NYC Hom…
Inside Rachael & John's Dreamy 16th Anniversary Celebration at T…
- 1 1/2-inch bone-in veal chops, butterflied and pounded on each side to 1/2-inch (one side will be a bit wider than the other)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Fontina Val d’Aosta or Gruyère cheese
- 1/2 cup Grana Padano or Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, a couple of handfuls
- About 1/8 pound (a few slices) Prosciutto di Parma or prosciutto cotto, julienned
- Flour, for dusting
- 3 tablespoons olive oil plus some for drizzling over fries and beans
- 4 large cloves garlic, crushed, divided
- 12 sage leaves
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or dry vermouth
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 large Russet potatoes, washed and cut into very thin sticks no more than 1/8 inch thick
- 1 pound haricots verts (thin green beans)
- 2 large shallots, very thinly sliced lengthwise
Preheat oven to 500°F and place a rack in the center.
Preheat a large, cast-iron skillet over medium-high to high heat.
Season chops inside and out with salt and pepper, fill with cheeses and julienned ham then secure edges with toothpicks. Dredge chops with seasoned flour.
Arrange potatoes in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Toss with a little olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Arrange haricots in a single layer on a second baking sheet and toss with shallots, 2 cloves crushed garlic. Season with salt and pepper.
Heat oil, 3 turns of the pan, in the skillet. Add chops and brown on each side and edges. Add 2 cloves crushed garlic to the pan and tuck sage leaves around chops; douse pan with wine or vermouth and cover. Reduce heat to medium and cook 15 minutes then remove chops to a platter and add butter to pan; swirl then add lemon juice. Spoon sauce and sage over chops.
While chops cook, bake the beans and potatoes. Beans will take about 15 minutes to get crispy at edges. Bake potatoes 15 minutes, toss and bake 5-10 more until very brown and crispy.
Serve chops topped with more sauce and potatoes and beans alongside.