Shepherd’s Pie Knife-and-Fork Burgers
Meet The Chef Whose Nonprofit Provides Healthy Meals + Human Con…
How To Make a Cucumber Margarita | John Cusimano
See Rachael's Dog Bella Boo Blue's Adorable First Trip to NYC's …
How To Make Shrimp Nachos with Green Tomato or Raw Tomatillo Ver…
75-Year-Old Hot Dog Stand In L.A. Goes Viral On TikTok After Bec…
How To Make No-Bake Chocolate Cream Pie | Duff Goldman
How To Make Waterfall Cake | Cake Boss Buddy Valastro
How To Make Cacio e Pepe With Homemade Cavatelli | Top Chef Joe …
How To Make Cedar Braised Bison | Chef Sean Sherman | The Sioux …
How To Make Pasta alla Norma | Roasted Eggplant Pasta | Rachael…
Two Steps Home HGTV Couple Gives Backyard Tour With Vertical Gar…
How To Make Challah Panzanella | Jake Cohen
Tommy DiDario Styles Man Who Went Viral Offering To Do Odd Jobs …
How To DIY Sun Protection For Hair | Celebrity Hairstylist Ted G…
How To Do a Twist Braid | Summer Hair Trends | Celebrity Hairsty…
How To Make Quick Beef or Chicken Curry with Ginger and Leeks | …
Rachael + John Get Emotional Sharing Figurine Of "Angel Isaboo" …
Fear The Walking Dead Actress Jenna Elfman On Why She Thinks The…
Dharma & Greg Star Jenna Elfman Reminisces On The Show 20 Years …
How To Make Pasta con Poblano | Rachael Ray
- 2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil, plus some for drizzling
- 1/4 pound button mushrooms, 5 to 6, stemmed and very finely chopped
- 1 carrot, very finely chopped
- 1 rib celery, very finely chopped
- 1 shallot, very finely chopped
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, very finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 2 large or 3 medium russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 1/2 pounds coarse beef chuck
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce, divided
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons horseradish
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 can beef consomm
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Chopped flat-leaf parsley, garnish
- 4 slices white bread, toasted and lightly buttered
In a skillet over medium heat, heat 2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil. Add vegetables and garlic, and season with salt and pepper, cook to tender then cool completely.
Meanwhile, boil potatoes in salted water until tender.
Combine ground beef with 3 tablespoons Worcestershire, salt, pepper and cooled vegetables. Form 4 patties and drizzle them with oil.
Heat griddle or cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Cook burgers 10 minutes, turning once for medium doneness.
Switch broiler on high.
Drain potatoes and mash with milk, sour cream, horseradish, egg yolk, 2 tablespoons butter, chives, salt and pepper.
Top the burgers with mounds of potatoes and set under broiler to brown, in middle of oven, 3-4 minutes.
Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Whisk in flour then consomm; let thicken and season with remaining tablespoon Worcestershire, black pepper and Dijon.
Set burgers topped with potatoes on buttered toast and pour gravy over top, garnish with parsley and serve.