- 1 egg
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1/4 chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cups mashed potatoes, at room temperature
- 5 to 6 sage leaves, torn into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 ounces fresh baby spinach
- 2 ounces feta cheese
- 2 cups shredded turkey breast
- 1 cup traditional stuffing
- 1 1/2 cup turkey gravy, warmed
- 1 package frozen phyllo dough (preferably country-style)
- 1/2 cup gourmet fried onion pieces, such as Trader Joe's
- 1/2 cup crumbled bacon
- 1 cup grated Gruyre cheese
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Unsalted dry roasted almond slices
Preheat oven to 375F.
Lightly whip together egg and soft cream cheese in a large mixing bowl. Add chives and parsley, and fold in mashed potatoes.
In a small skillet, saut sage in butter until crisp. Turn off heat, remove sage leaves and reserve butter.
Spread potato mixture evenly on the bottom of a lightly greased 8"x8"x2" baking dish. Cover with a layer of spinach. Crumble feta over spinach and spread shredded turkey evenly over feta. Spoon dollops of stuffing over the cheese and press down lightly. Pour gravy over stuffing. Cover with 3 phyllo sheets, brushing with sage butter between sheets. Always keep a damp towel over remaining phyllo dough to keep pliable. Gently cover phyllo with onions and sprinkle bacon and sage crumbles evenly over the top. Top with grated Gruyre and cover with remaining 3 sheets phyllo, brushing olive oil between each sheet and on the top. Dust with powdered sugar and pumpkin pie spice, and sprinkle with almonds.
Bake for 35 minutes, until dough is lightly browned and flaky. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Phyllo dough should be thawed and room temp.