Rach likes to use this recipe as the base for her rollover chicken meals: Chicken and Snap Pea Soup with Leeks and Mushroom, Asparagus and Chicken Sauté with Rice Pilaf.
"I love rollover cooking. If you cook something simple like a poached chicken, you can roll it into two meals," Rachael says. "These meals are perfect for springtime into early summer. Heads up: each can be prepared in short-order by using pulled rotisserie chicken and store-bought stock if you want to make the meals on their own and in a hurry any night of the week.
- 1 leek, trimmed, washed and quartered
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 onion, quartered
- 2 ribs celery with leafy tops, quartered
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 2 fresh bay leaves
- Parsley stems or sprigs and some reserved carrot tops
- One 4- to 5-pound chicken
- 5 to 6 black peppercorns
- Kosher salt