Grilled Chicken Tacos with Smoky Salsa Verde
How to Make a Vermouth Spritz | John Cusimano
Stop Everything and Listen to "Buongiorno Baby"—the Song John Co…
How to Make Bistecca (Porterhouse) with Walnut Salsa Verde and C…
Rachael Reveals Her Favorite Place to Eat in Tuscany, Italy | Q …
What's In Our Meal Bag? 3 Sweet Stories from Viewers Who Tried R…
Brooke Shields Tearfully Recounts Devastating Accident + Leg Inj…
How to Make Roasted Honey-Soy Green Beans | Rachael Ray
We Surprise a Mom of 10 (Including 6 Foster Kids!) Who Works So …
How to Make Salt 'n' Pepper Pork or Chicken | Rachael Ray
How to Make Caramel Apple Shortcakes | Grant Melton
How to Make Sausages with Apples and Onions & Charred, Spiced Ca…
Robin Roberts Tearfully Recalls the Emotional Moment Her Sister …
How to Make Easy Grilled Corn with Jalapeño Cilantro Glaze | Sun…
How to Make Sheet Pan Chicken with Rosemary & Grapes | Queer Eye…
How to Make Chianti Risotto with Garlicky Spinach and Oven Charr…
Feast Your Eyes on Our Savory 16 Charcuterie Board + We Promise …
How to Make an Edible Cheeseboard With Focaccia for Your Next Pa…
How to Make Miso Ramen with Steak, Japanese-Style Tomato Salad +…
How to Make Apple Cider Doughnut Cake | Milk Bar's Christina Tosi
- 1 bulb garlic, top cut away to expose cloves
- Olive or vegetable oil, for drizzling plus about 3 tablespoons
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound tomatillos, husked
- 1 onion, peeled and cut into wedges with root attached
- 2 jalapeño peppers
- 4 limes
- 2 teaspoons green chili or other mild chili powder, such as Ancho
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin, divided
- 1 rounded teaspoon (1/3 palmful) ground coriander
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs or small, 6-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 round teaspoon light agave or Acacia honey
- A small handful cilantro tops
- 12 to 16 6-inch corn tortillas
- Quick-pickled red onions (Thinly sliced red onions tossed with lime juice, salt and pepper)
- Shredded Jack and/or Pepper Jack or Chihuahua cheeses
- Thinly sliced radishes
- Diced avocado, dressed in lemon juice
- Mexican crema or sour cream
- Cilantro leaves
Prepare/preheat grill or grill pan to medium-high.
Drizzle garlic with a little olive or vegetable oil, season with salt and pepper and wrap tightly in foil. Grill until tender, 25-30 minutes, turning occasionally. Let cool then squeeze out cloves and paste.
Dress tomatillos, onion wedges and jalapeños with a little oil. Season with salt and pepper, and grill to blister and char all over; remove from heat.
Grill limes cut-side down to char and get their juices flowing.
Whisk up chili powder, 1 teaspoon each of cumin and coriander, half the grill-roasted garlic paste, the juice of 1 grilled lime and 3 tablespoons oil in a small bowl. Coat chicken in marinade and season with salt and pepper.
In a food processor, combine charred tomatillos, remaining half the grill-roasted garlic, grilled onion, 1 teaspoon cumin, cilantro, juice of remaining charred limes, honey or agave and the 2 roasted jalapeños (remove ribs and seeds for milder salsa). Process into a slightly chunky, saucy salsa and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Char tortillas to blister and blacken at edges and to soften. Wrap them in a clean towel to keep warm.
Grill chicken 10-12 minutes, turning occasionally. Slice chicken and serve with wedges of charred lime.
Assemble and arrange the fixin’s—the taco bar is officially open!