White Chili Burritos
These DIY Ice Lanterns Are Seriously SO Cool (Literally!)—Here's…
How to Make an Ombre Christmas Tree With Colorful Ornaments
Cake Boss Buddy Valastro Reveals a New Cake Creation for the 202…
How to Make Sicilian Spiral Pasta with Ricotta, Walnuts and Roas…
Patricia Heaton's Gorgeous Watercolor Scarf Is Not Only a Perfec…
How to Make Chocolate Sea Salt Rugelach | Molly Yeh
How to Make Ricotta Dumplings and Mafalde | Rachael Ray
How to Make Red and Green Tortellini Wreaths
How to Make Pumpkin Parm Fries | Rachael Ray
How to Make Sweet Potato Souffles with Boozy Whipped Cream | TDa…
How to Make Fruit Crisp With Any Fruit—Fresh or Frozen | Tia Mow…
How to Make Sweet Potato Pancakes with Cranberry Compote
How to Make Roasted Tomato & Pepper Soup | Rachael Ray
How to Make Florentine Turkey Melts | Rachael Ray
TikTok Star Elyse Myers Embraces Awkward + We're Thankful for TH…
How to Make Pumpkin Bars with Pecan Streusel | Daphne Oz
How to Make Pumpkin Popper Mac | Rachael Ray
How to Carve Your Thanksgiving Turkey: Chef Sara Moulton Shares …
4 Common Thanksgiving Kitchen Disasters FIXED, Thanks to Chef Je…
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds ground dark meat turkey or turkey breast
- 1 onion, finely chopped, divided
- 1 poblano or mild green pepper, finely chopped
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon New Mexican green chile powder or mild chile powder, such as ancho
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup turkey or chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 ounces cream cheese (4 tablespoons), cut into small pieces or 1/4 cup sour cream or crème fraîche
- 1 rib celery, finely chopped
- 2 14- to 15-ounce cans white beans, drained
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- Green hot sauce, such as Bronx Hot Sauce (available at bronxhotsauce.com) or jalapeño Tabasco
- 6 to 8 large flour tortillas
- 1/2 pound pepper jack cheese, shredded
- Natural olive oil cooking spray
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil, one turn of the pan.
Add the ground turkey and cook, breaking it up with a spoon, until browned, about 5 minutes. Add half the onion, the poblano, garlic and spices; season with salt and pepper. Cook stirring often, until soft, 7-8 minutes. Add the stock and Worcestershire, and cook until the liquid is absorbed, about 10 minutes. Stir in the cream cheese and remove from the heat.
In a small skillet, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil, one turn of the pan, over medium-high heat. Add the celery and remaining onion; season and cook, stirring often, until soft, 2-3 minutes. Add the beans and thyme, and cook until warm, 2-3 minutes. Add the green hot sauce to taste.
If the tortillas are stiff, wrap them in a kitchen towel and microwave them for a few seconds to soften.
To assemble the burritos, pile some of the turkey mixture on the lower third of each tortilla, leaving a 2-inch border on either side. Top with some of the cheese and beans. Fold in the sides then roll up tightly.
Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium-high heat. Spray the burritos lightly with cooking spray and place them in the skillet, seam-side down. Cook until crispy and browned, about 2 minutes per side. Cut in half and serve.