Pulled Buffalo Bills Chicken with Cool-Your-Jets Ranch Guacamole
Brooke Shields Tearfully Recounts Devastating Accident + Leg Inj…
How to Make Roasted Honey-Soy Green Beans | Rachael Ray
We Surprise a Mom of 10 (Including 6 Foster Kids!) Who Works So …
How to Make Salt 'n' Pepper Pork or Chicken | Rachael Ray
How to Make Caramel Apple Shortcakes | Grant Melton
How to Make Sausages with Apples and Onions & Charred, Spiced Ca…
Robin Roberts Tearfully Recalls the Emotional Moment Her Sister …
How to Make Easy Grilled Corn with Jalapeño Cilantro Glaze | Sun…
How to Make Chianti Risotto with Garlicky Spinach and Oven Charr…
How to Make Sheet Pan Chicken with Rosemary & Grapes | Queer Eye…
Feast Your Eyes on Our Savory 16 Charcuterie Board + We Promise …
How to Make an Edible Cheeseboard With Focaccia for Your Next Pa…
How to Make Miso Ramen with Steak, Japanese-Style Tomato Salad +…
How to Make Apple Cider Doughnut Cake | Milk Bar's Christina Tosi
Cake Boss Buddy Valastro Tells Rachael His Hand Is At 95% One Ye…
Cake Boss Buddy Valastro Has Sweet Words For Rachael To Celebrat…
How to Make a Bumbleberry Pie Sundae | Gail Simmons
How to Make Spaghetti or Linguini with Red Clam Sauce | Rachael …
Coach Rob Mendez, Football Coach Born Without Limbs, Tells His I…
Serve these healthy-ish crowd-pleasing recipes for spicy pulled chicken and herbaceous guacamole as tacos or sandwiches by offering it with warm, blistered corn tortillas; warm, hard tacos and/or slider or burger-size soft sandwich rolls.
- 2 tablespoons olive or safflower oil, divided
- 2 to 2 1/2 pounds (12 pieces) boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (1/2 palmful) ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon (1 palmful) pimenton/smoked sweet paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (1/2 palmful) granulated garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons granulated onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons celery seed
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup cayenne pepper sauce, such as Frank’s Red Hot
- 2 Serrano or jalapeño peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, grated or pasted
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- Juice of 2 limes or 1 1/2 lemons
- 3 avocados, pitted and scooped from skin
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro, dill, parsley and chives, combined
- Soft or hard corn tortillas and/or soft slider or sandwich rolls, to serve
- Smoked blue cheese crumbles or crumbled Queso Fresco or Asadero, finely chopped celery carrots and radishes, chopped lettuce, pickled jalapeño peppers, crispy bacon bits, diced tomatoes
In a heavy skillet with a lid, heat 1 tablespoon olive or safflower oil, a turn of the pan, over medium-high heat.
Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper. Brown 6 thighs for 3-4 minutes on each side; remove to a plate. Heat another tablespoon of oil and repeat with remaining chicken. Add all of the chicken back to the pan along with the cumin, paprika, granulated garlic and onion, and celery seed. Turn chicken to coat with spice, add stock and bring to boil. Cover pot and reduce heat to low. Cook 1 hour or until very tender. Shred meat with 2 forks.
In a small pot, melt butter and add hot sauce. Pour over chicken meat and toss to coat.
For Ranch-Guacamole, combine finely chopped Serranos or jalapeños, garlic, onions, salt and lime or lemon juice. Let stand a few minutes then combine with avocados and mash. Mix in the sour cream and herbs, adjust salt to taste.
Serve pulled meat and Ranch-Guacamole with taco shells, tortillas and/or rolls with topping selections alongside.