Cheesy Squash and Corn Burritos
Viewers Share Photos of Rachael-Inspired Recipes + Rach Is IMPRE…
How to Make a Texas Sheet Cake With a Spicy Twist
Limo Company Owner-Turned-Gardener Turns Vacant Lots Into Urban …
How to Make Chicken with Greens, Beans and Semi-Dried Tomatoes |…
How to Make Easy Sausage, Mushroom and Tomato Rigatoni
Chef Anne Burrell Shares Details From Her Fairytale Fall Wedding
The Great Jack O' Lantern Blaze Might Be the Coolest Halloween A…
How to Make White Pasta E Fagioli | Rachael Ray
How to Make Lobster Risotto with Saffron, Tomatoes and Zucchini …
A Breast Cancer Surgeon's Top 4 Lifestyle Tips for Better Breast…
This 25-Year-Old Started "Excuse My Grandma" Dating Podcast With…
Stacy London Swears by These Cooling Products During Menopause
How to Make Za'atar Chicken Shawarma + Turmeric Rice Pilaf | Rac…
How to Make Creamy Spinach Pasta | Rachael Ray
Ron + Clint Howard on New Memoir "The Boys": "This Is Really a L…
How to Make Homemade Cheese Ravioli Made With Fresh Egg Pasta Do…
According to Rachael, THIS Is How Long Opened Tomato Paste Lasts…
Rachael Shares Her Best Tips for Working with Fresh Thyme
How to Make a Negroni-Martini (Negronatini) | John Cusimano
This cheesy and satisfying meal is also vegetarian!
- 2 tablespoons EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 zucchini, seeded and sliced into 1/4-inch half moons
- 1 yellow squash, seeded and sliced into 1/4-inch half moons
- 2 ears fresh corn, kernels scraped from cob or 2 cups frozen corn, defrosted
- 2 jalapeño peppers, tops removed, halved, seeded and thinly sliced into small half moons
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup chipotle in adobo, puréed or finely chopped with sauce
- 1 teaspoon (1/3 palmful) dried Mexican oregano
- 1 teaspoon (1/3 palmful) ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Juice of 2 limes, zest of 1, divided
- A handful cilantro or parsley, chopped
- 2 avocados
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 6 10- or 12-inch flour tortillas
- 4 cups shredded melting cheese, such as Pepper Jack and/or cheddar
- Cooking spray
Heat a large skillet over medium-high to high heat. Add oil, 2 turns of the pan, then zucchini, squash and corn. Lightly brown veggies, 5 minutes, then add jalapeños, onions, garlic, salt and pepper. Toss 2-3 minutes more; add beans.
In a food processor, process chipotle in adobo with oregano, cumin, honey, juice of 1 lime and cilantro or parsley until smooth. Pour mixture into the skillet and stir to combine. Let the mixture come to a bubble then remove from heat.
Rinse out the food processor bowl and process avocados with zest and juice of remaining lime, salt and sour cream until smooth.
Over a burner or in a dry skillet over high heat, soften and lightly brown/blister tortillas on one side.
Build burritos: With blistered side of the tortillas facing up, arrange a layer of cheese and top with a log-shaped pile of filling using 1/6 of veggies. Tuck in sides of the tortilla and wrap and roll the burritos. Set burritos aside seam-side down and spray with cooking spray.
To brown and crisp burritos, heat a griddle over medium-high heat or heat an oven to 425°F. Griddle or bake the burritos on a baking sheet to brown and crisp. To serve, cut burritos in half and serve 3 halves per person topped with dollops of avocado cream.
White Chili Burritos
Mitt & Ann Romney's Sweet Pork Burritos
Quick Chicken Suiza Burritos