Turkey Chili with Apple Salsa and Crispy Tortilla Strips
Brooke Shields Tearfully Recounts Devastating Accident + Leg Inj…
How to Make Roasted Honey-Soy Green Beans | Rachael Ray
We Surprise a Mom of 10 (Including 6 Foster Kids!) Who Works So …
How to Make Salt 'n' Pepper Pork or Chicken | Rachael Ray
How to Make Caramel Apple Shortcakes | Grant Melton
How to Make Sausages with Apples and Onions & Charred, Spiced Ca…
Robin Roberts Tearfully Recalls the Emotional Moment Her Sister …
How to Make Easy Grilled Corn with Jalapeño Cilantro Glaze | Sun…
How to Make Sheet Pan Chicken with Rosemary & Grapes | Queer Eye…
How to Make Chianti Risotto with Garlicky Spinach and Oven Charr…
Feast Your Eyes on Our Savory 16 Charcuterie Board + We Promise …
How to Make an Edible Cheeseboard With Focaccia for Your Next Pa…
How to Make Miso Ramen with Steak, Japanese-Style Tomato Salad +…
How to Make Apple Cider Doughnut Cake | Milk Bar's Christina Tosi
Cake Boss Buddy Valastro Tells Rachael His Hand Is At 95% One Ye…
Cake Boss Buddy Valastro Has Sweet Words For Rachael To Celebrat…
How to Make a Bumbleberry Pie Sundae | Gail Simmons
How to Make Spaghetti or Linguini with Red Clam Sauce | Rachael …
Coach Rob Mendez, Football Coach Born Without Limbs, Tells His I…
- 1 cup pilsner or amber beer
- 6 corn tortillas, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- Olive or vegetable oil spray
- 4 Ancho chilies, seeded and stemmed
- 4 medium-heat chili peppers, such as Poblano or New Mexican Green
- 1 quart turkey stock in a box
- 2 pounds leftover roast turkey or ground turkey, white and dark meat combined
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 large cloves garlic, crushed or chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (half a palmful) each ground coriander, cumin, mustard and pimenton/smoked sweet paprika
- 2 tablespoons pulled thyme leaves, from 5 to 6 sprigs, picked
- 1 teaspoon honey or light agave
- 1/2 cup brewed cold strong coffee
- 3 tablespoons cornmeal, Masa Harina or ground tortilla chips
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 14.5-ounce can pinto or red kidney beans, drained
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 medium red onion, finely chopped
- Juice of 2 limes
- A handful cilantro, finely chopped
- 3 Honeycrisp apples, diced 1/4-inch
- 1/4 cup pepitas, toasted
Preheat oven to 400°F. Place tortilla strips on a baking sheet, spray with light coat of oil and sprinkle with salt. Bake to golden and crisp.
Place dried chili peppers in a pot and cover with stock. Bring to boil then reduce to simmer and reconstitute until soft, 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool. Purée stock and peppers in a food processor, and reserve.
Char fresh chili peppers over an open flame on a gas stove or under the broiler on high to char skins. Place in a bowl and cover with foil until cool. Peel and seed; chop.
If using leftover roast turkey, pull it into small bite-sized pieces. Heat olive oil in a soup pot/Dutch oven over medium-high heat and add onions, garlic, spices and thyme. If using fresh ground turkey, heat oil in a soup pot/Dutch oven over medium-high heat then add meat; brown and crumble. Add onions and garlic and spices, thyme to ground meat.
Cook to soften onions, 5-6 minutes. Add coffee, stir 30 seconds, add beer, stir 30 more. Add honey and stock/Ancho purée then stir in cornmeal, Masa or chips, tomatoes and beans. Add pulled turkey to pot (if using) and simmer 20-30 minutes to thicken.
For the salsa, place jalapeño, onion, salt and lime juice in a bowl, and let rest 10-15 minutes. Add cilantro, apples and pepitas; adjust salt to taste.
Serve chili in bowls topped with tortilla strips and salsa.
White Chili Turkey Tacos
Jeanette’s Turkey Chili Verde Mac n’ Cheese
Buffalo Turkey Chili-Stuffed Baked Potato Skins