Rolled Spring Meatloaf
How to Make Chocolate Sea Salt Rugelach | Molly Yeh
How to Make Ricotta Dumplings and Mafalde | Rachael Ray
How to Make Red and Green Tortellini Wreaths
How to Make Pumpkin Parm Fries | Rachael Ray
How to Make Sweet Potato Souffles with Boozy Whipped Cream | TDa…
How to Make Fruit Crisp With Any Fruit—Fresh or Frozen | Tia Mow…
How to Make Sweet Potato Pancakes with Cranberry Compote
How to Make Roasted Tomato & Pepper Soup | Rachael Ray
How to Make Florentine Turkey Melts | Rachael Ray
TikTok Star Elyse Myers Embraces Awkward + We're Thankful for TH…
How to Make Pumpkin Bars with Pecan Streusel | Daphne Oz
How to Make Pumpkin Popper Mac | Rachael Ray
How to Carve Your Thanksgiving Turkey: Chef Sara Moulton Shares …
4 Common Thanksgiving Kitchen Disasters FIXED, Thanks to Chef Je…
She's Done It Again! Our Staffer's Mom Has Served Up ANOTHER Gen…
How to Make Twice Baked Aglio e Olio Spaghetti Squash | Rachael …
How to Make Dry-Brined Herb-Roasted Turkey with Ultimate Go-To G…
The Sopranos Podcast with Steve Schirripa + Michael Imperioli AL…
How to Make a Blood Orange Negroni | John Cusimano
- 2 to 2 1/2 pounds ground lamb or beef
- Salt and pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped or grated
- 1 loosely packed cup finely chopped mint and parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- About 1 cup fine breadcrumbs (I use Buon Italia), toasted
- A fat splash milk (about 1/4 to 1/3 cup)
- 1 egg
- EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil, for drizzling plus 3 tablespoons, divided
- 1 bunch spring onions, chopped, whites and light greens or 3 large shallots, chopped
- 1 pound farm/medium-leaf (not baby) spinach, coarsely chopped
- About 1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups feta cheese, crumbled
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Place meat in a large mixing bowl and season with salt and pepper. Add garlic, herbs, red pepper (if using), breadcrumbs, milk, egg and a fat drizzle of EVOO. Mix well with your hands then transfer to a piece of parchment paper. Form meat into a large rectangle 1-inch thick.
Heat 1 tablespoon EVOO in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions or shallots and season with salt and pepper. Stir 2-3 minutes then wilt in spinach. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg, stir in lemon zest and juice then drain off excess liquid and let cool.
Cover the meat with an even layer of the cooled spinach, leaving a few inches of meat uncovered at one end to seal the loaf. Top the spinach with feta crumbles.
Use the parchment paper to help you wrap and roll the loaf then press into even shape to set. Place on a clean parchment-lined baking sheet and roast about an hour to an internal temperature of about 150°F. Let stand 10-15 minutes before slicing.
Serve topped with Lemony Gravy with a side of grilled asparagus and spring onions.
Rolled Meatloaf with Broccoli Rabe, Provolone and Cherry Peppers
Beef and Bacon Meatloaf
Stuffed Cabbage Cake with Sausage