Rachael's New and Improved Tuna Noodles
Coach Rob Mendez, Football Coach Born Without Limbs, Tells His I…
How to Make a Strawberry Negroni | John Cusimano
How to Make Baked Fish with Bay and Breadcrumbs | Rachael Ray
Justin Long on Directing His First Movie, Lady of the Manor + Th…
Rachael's Husband, John, Tells Kate Hudson He Wants to Hang Out …
How to Make Deviled Steaks and Marcella Hazan-Style Crispy Potat…
How to Make a Smokehouse Stack Burger | Billionaire Burger Boyz
How to Make Spaghetti alla Puttanesca | Rachael Ray
How to Make Lemon Posset | Jacques Pépin
How to Make Grilled Ginger-Sesame Chicken Salad | Curtis Stone
How to Make Oven Fried Chicken
How to Make 4 Mexican-Inspired Dishes with Pan-Roasted Salsa
Rachael Ray In Season Editor-in-Chief Talks Fall 2021 Italian Is…
At Grand Rapids' Amore Trattoria, You Come for the Authentic Ita…
See Rachael's Italian Dream Home In First Look At New Facebook W…
How to Make Spinach Ricotta Gnudi with Tomato Sauce and Crispy G…
How To Make Chicken Cacciatore | Rachael Ray
We Tried The TikTok Watermelon Slicer
How to Make Roasted Eggplant, Pepper and Tomato Pasta | Rachael …
Rach's tuna noodles 2.0 are dressed in a creamy mushroom sauce that’s studded with fresh herbs and crunchy pickles.
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound mushrooms: mix crimini, stemmed and sliced, and hen of the woods, pulled or sliced, or shitake, stemmed and sliced
- 2 large shallots or 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Salt and 1 teaspoon white pepper and finely ground black pepper
- ½ cup dry sherry or white wine
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- About ¼ cup (4 tablespoons) flour
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 bag (12-ounces) medium egg noodles
- ½-3/4 cup blanched shelled fava beans, peas or edamame
- 2 cans line-caught tuna, drained and flaked
- ½ cup chopped dill, chives and parsley, combined, to serve
- ¼ cup chopped cornichons, to serve
Bring a pot of water to boil for noodles.
In a large skillet or pot over medium-high heat, melt butter and when it foams add the mushrooms. Brown them, then reduce heat a bit and add shallots or onion and garlic, season with salt and white pepper and fine black pepper. Add sherry or wine and soy, then let it absorb almost fully. Add flour and stir 1 minute, then whisk in stock and let it bubble. Add whole milk, and let sauce thicken and reduce by about 1/3 while you cook the noodles.
Salt the boiling water. Cook noodles 5 minutes, reserve ½ cup water, then drain.
Add fava, peas or edamame and the tuna to sauce and toss with noodles to coat. Add water if sauce gets to thick. Top noodles with herbs and cornichons to serve.