How To Make Bacon-Cheddar Sirloin Burgers with Horseradish and G…
How to Make Roasted Eggplant, Pepper and Tomato Pasta | Rachael …
Jessica Alba Surprises Beauty 2 the Streetz Founder Who Makes L…
Jessica Alba on Parenting Her Teen Daughter Honor: "No Matter Wh…
First Look Inside Rachael's Rebuilt Home One Year After Devastat…
How To Make 3-Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
How To Make Thai-Style Pineapple Fried Rice | Jet Tila
How To Make Roti Pizza | Indian-ish Author Priya Krishna
How To Make French Onion Soup (Onion Soup Gratinée) | Jacques Pé…
How To Make Farfalle with Shiitake Mushrooms | Scott Conant
How To Make Oat Crumb Topping For Fruit Crumbles | Pantry Recipe…
How To Make a Pumpkin Enchilada-Inspired Casserole | Pantry Clea…
How To Make Spicy Thai Peanut Noodles with Sambal Shrimp | Pantr…
How To Make a Ham and Cheese Tortilla Wrap Melt Using The TikTok…
How To Make An Easy Florentine Pasta with Italian Tuna or Pulled…
How To Make Air Fryer Stuffing-Coated Chicken Nuggets | Pantry C…
How To Make Lentil Soup | Pantry Recipe | Marc Murphy
Meet The Chef Whose Nonprofit Provides Healthy Meals + Human Con…
How To Make a Cucumber Margarita | John Cusimano
See Rachael's Dog Bella Boo Blue's Adorable First Trip to NYC's …
Rach shares a new twist on bacon cheeseburgers—plus her top three burger-making tips.
Rach's Top Tips For The Best Burgers Ever
- Use a hot flat surface, preferably a preheated over medium-high heat cast iron skillet.
- Make patties thinner at center than edges for even cooking and score meat into portions before forming patties.
- Toppings should be applied in even layers, edge to edge so that each bite is the same as the next.
May we also suggest that you wash this juicy burger down with John's Pre-Prohibition Martini—a fun twist on a classic combo.
- 8 slices meaty bacon
- 2 pounds ground sirloin (80/20)
- 3 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire
- 1 tablespoon coarse black pepper
- Kosher salt
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Non-aerosol canola spray
- 8 slices deli-sliced cheddar cheese
- 4 brioche burger rolls, split and lightly toasted
- Finely chopped raw white onion
- Sliced cornichons or pickles or relish
- Leaf or red romaine or watercress and sliced beefsteak tomato
- Steak sauce (Rach likes A1, HP Sauce or XO sauce)
Bake bacon in a 375 °F oven on slotted pan or wire rack-lined baking sheet in preheated oven, center rack until very crisp, cool to handle and chop into 1-inch pieces.
Combine beef with horseradish, Worcestershire, black pepper, salt, and garlic, mix and score meat into 4 portions. Form 4 large patties, thinner at center and thicker at edges.
Preheat cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add a little spray to the pan and cook patties 7 to 8 minutes, turning occasionally, top with 2 slices of cheese per patty to melt in last 2 minutes of cook time.
Build burgers: bun bottom with even layer of chopped white onions, pickles or relish, burger patty, lettuce, tomato, chopped bacon, steak sauce and bun top.