How To Make Bacon, Radicchio and Semi-Dried Tomato Pasta By Rach…
How to Make Deviled Steaks and Marcella Hazan-Style Crispy Potat…
How to Make a Smokehouse Stack Burger | Billionaire Burger Boyz
How to Make Spaghetti alla Puttanesca | Rachael Ray
How to Make Lemon Posset | Jacques Pépin
How to Make Grilled Ginger-Sesame Chicken Salad | Curtis Stone
How to Make Oven Fried Chicken
How to Make 4 Mexican-Inspired Dishes with Pan-Roasted Salsa
Rachael Ray In Season Editor-in-Chief Talks Fall 2021 Italian Is…
At Grand Rapids' Amore Trattoria, You Come for the Authentic Ita…
See Rachael's Italian Dream Home In First Look At New Facebook W…
How to Make Spinach Ricotta Gnudi with Tomato Sauce and Crispy G…
How To Make Chicken Cacciatore | Rachael Ray
We Tried The TikTok Watermelon Slicer
How to Make Roasted Eggplant, Pepper and Tomato Pasta | Rachael …
Jessica Alba Surprises Beauty 2 the Streetz Founder Who Makes L…
Jessica Alba on Parenting Her Teen Daughter Honor: "No Matter Wh…
First Look Inside Rachael's Rebuilt Home One Year After Devastat…
How To Make 3-Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
How To Make Thai-Style Pineapple Fried Rice | Jet Tila
"This is a twist-up of a BLT and it celebrates fall flavors, texture and aromas," Rach says. "I like a farro or whole-wheat pasta with this dish, but that's a matter of taste for the cook."
Rach's tip: The radicchio may also be grilled for a more pronounced smoky flavor.
- 2 large heads Treviso or radicchio, quartered lengthwise
- Extra-virgin olive oil non-aerosol spray
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- ⅓ pound meaty smoked pancetta, chopped, or bacon, diced
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped or thinly sliced
- About ¾ to 1 cup semi-dried tomatoes, drained (or sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and chopped or sun-dried tomatoes reconstituted in hot water, drained and chopped)
- 1 pound farro or other spaghetti of choice
- Grated pecorino cheese or Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 2 tablespoons aged Balsamic vinegar
- Chopped flat parsley, to serve
Heat a large pot of water to boil for pasta.
Preheat oven to 450˚F and arrange the purple lettuce on baking sheet. Spray with oil, season with salt and pepper. Roast 7 minutes, then turn to roast 5 minutes more. Remove, cool to handle and shred.
For the sauce, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat with EVOO, 2 turns of the pan, add the pancetta and render to crisp, 3 minutes. Add red onions and garlic and stir 2 to 3 minutes. Add tomatoes and reduce heat to low.
Salt water and cook pasta 1 minute less than package directions; drain, reserving 1 cup cooking water.
Toss pasta with sauce, cheese of choice and radicchio, adding reserved pasta water as needed to thin sauce. Finish with a fast drizzle of aged balsamic vinegar and parsley to serve.