How To Make Chicken Stroganoff By Rachael
The Great Jack O' Lantern Blaze Might Be the Coolest Halloween A…
How to Make White Pasta E Fagioli | Rachael Ray
How to Make Lobster Risotto with Saffron, Tomatoes and Zucchini …
A Breast Cancer Surgeon's Top 4 Lifestyle Tips for Better Breast…
This 25-Year-Old Started "Excuse My Grandma" Dating Podcast With…
Stacy London Swears by These Cooling Products During Menopause
How to Make Za'atar Chicken Shawarma + Turmeric Rice Pilaf | Rac…
How to Make Creamy Spinach Pasta | Rachael Ray
Ron + Clint Howard on New Memoir "The Boys": "This Is Really a L…
How to Make Homemade Cheese Ravioli Made With Fresh Egg Pasta Do…
According to Rachael, THIS Is How Long Opened Tomato Paste Lasts…
Rachael Shares Her Best Tips for Working with Fresh Thyme
How to Make a Negroni-Martini (Negronatini) | John Cusimano
Broadway Superstar Laura Benanti One-Ups Hugh Jackman's Most Emb…
Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Says His Music Industry Uncle's Biggest…
How to Make Shrimp Parm | Rachael Ray
How to Make Hoisin Fried Rice | Rachael Ray
This Video of Rach's Number One Feline Fan Watching Her Cook on …
Anthony Michael Hall Talks "Halloween Kills" Story: "It's classi…
A creamy combo of chicken + mushrooms are served over egg noodles and topped with herbs in Rach's fresh take on Chicken Stroganoff.
- 1 rotisserie chicken or roast chicken, skin and bones removed
- 6 tablespoons butter (2 for egg noodles)
- ½-¾ pound Crimini or white mushrooms, brushed/wiped clean and sliced
- 1 onion (or 2 large shallots), finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed or chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- About 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- About 1 ½ teaspoons paprika, ½ a scant palmful, plus a sprinkle for garnish
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons flour
- ½ cup white wine or dry vermouth
- About 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1 ½ cups chicken stock or bone broth
- About ¾ cup sour cream or crème fraiche
- One 12-ounce bag extra-wide egg noodles
- Finely chopped dill and chives, to serve, about ½ cup combined
Bring water to boil for egg noodles.
Cut or pull chicken into bite-sized pieces.
Heat a large, deep skillet over medium heat and melt 4 tablespoons butter. When it foams, add the mushrooms and lightly brown them, then add shallots or onions, garlic, thyme, lemon zest, paprika, salt and pepper. Partially cover the pan and cook 5-6 minutes to soften, stirring occasionally. Stir in flour to fully combine, whisk in wine, evaporate it, then add Worcestershire and stock. Reduce heat to low, add sour cream or crème fraiche, then stir in chicken to warm through.
Salt water and cook egg noodles a minute less than directed, then drain, return to pot and combine with remaining 2 tablespoons butter and half the herbs.
Serve noodles and Chicken Stroganoff in shallow bowls topped with remaining herbs.