How To Make Chili-Cheese Dogs By Rachael
Brooke Shields Tearfully Recounts Devastating Accident + Leg Inj…
How to Make Roasted Honey-Soy Green Beans | Rachael Ray
We Surprise a Mom of 10 (Including 6 Foster Kids!) Who Works So …
How to Make Salt 'n' Pepper Pork or Chicken | Rachael Ray
How to Make Caramel Apple Shortcakes | Grant Melton
How to Make Sausages with Apples and Onions & Charred, Spiced Ca…
Robin Roberts Tearfully Recalls the Emotional Moment Her Sister …
How to Make Easy Grilled Corn with Jalapeño Cilantro Glaze | Sun…
How to Make Sheet Pan Chicken with Rosemary & Grapes | Queer Eye…
How to Make Chianti Risotto with Garlicky Spinach and Oven Charr…
Feast Your Eyes on Our Savory 16 Charcuterie Board + We Promise …
How to Make an Edible Cheeseboard With Focaccia for Your Next Pa…
How to Make Miso Ramen with Steak, Japanese-Style Tomato Salad +…
How to Make Apple Cider Doughnut Cake | Milk Bar's Christina Tosi
Cake Boss Buddy Valastro Tells Rachael His Hand Is At 95% One Ye…
Cake Boss Buddy Valastro Has Sweet Words For Rachael To Celebrat…
How to Make a Bumbleberry Pie Sundae | Gail Simmons
How to Make Spaghetti or Linguini with Red Clam Sauce | Rachael …
Coach Rob Mendez, Football Coach Born Without Limbs, Tells His I…
- 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- 1 pound ground beef, 80%
- Salt and pepper
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and stemmed and finely chopped
- 2 large cloves garlic, chopped or grated
- 1 inch peeled ginger root, grated (or ½ teaspoon ground ginger)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup chicken stock or water
- ½ cup ketchup, preferred brand Sir Kensington's
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce, such as Frank's RedHot (or to taste)
- 6-8 hot dogs, beef or pork
- Melted butter, for brushing rolls
- 6-8 top-split hot dog rolls
- 1 ½ cups shredded sharp yellow cheddar cheese, 1 sack
- Finely chopped white onions or relish or chopped pickles
- Yellow mustard
Heat a pot over medium-high heat, add oil, finely crumble and brown meat. Add salt and pepper, onions, jalapeño peppers, garlic, ginger, chili powder, paprika, cumin, coriander, and paste, stir 2 minutes. Add Worcestershire, stock, ketchup and hot sauce, then reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes.
Simmer dogs in 1-inch water at low rolling boil to heat through.
Heat a griddle or large skillet over medium to medium-high heat.
Butter and grill rolls and remove from pan.
Split the dogs lengthwise to butterfly open and crisp skins and the split sides.
Serve dogs in rolls with cheese, top with chili, onions, relish/pickles and mustard.