How To Make English Muffin BEC (Bacon, Egg & Cheese) Burgers wit…
Bob Harper's At-Home Workout Tips + Rachael's Fire Roasted Tomat…
Jenny McCarthy Talks "The Masked Singer" + Rach's Pasta With Por…
Tommy DiDario's Gluten-Free Matcha Chocolate Chip Cookies + Rach…
Dr. Oz On How To Cope With Pandemic Stress + Rach's Mushroom Ris…
How Long Garlic Can Last In The Fridge, According To Rachael | Q…
Original "Queer Eye" Grooming Expert Kyan Douglas Shares His Fav…
How To Make French Onion and Porcini Risotto | Rachael Ray
How To Make John Cusimano's Pink Champagne "Moulin Rouge" Cockta…
Wireless Phone Charger + Car Mount: Viewer Shows Off Her New Fav…
Can a Smart Water Bottle Actually Help You Drink More Water? One…
Portable Heated Chair: Why This Viewer Is Loving It During The P…
How To Make "Tandoori" Chicken In a Regular Oven | Nadiya Hussain
How To Make Browned Butter Rice | Nadiya Hussain
How To Make Utica Tomato Pie | Rachael Ray
Deals From Rue La La: Faux Fur Throw, Stuart Weitzman Leather Bo…
Rach's French Onion Risotto + Kyan Douglas Shares His Favorite A…
How To Make Beef Brutus | Rachael Ray's Steak Caesar Salad
How To Order The Right Size Every Time (+ save money!) | Online …
60-Second Guided Meditation | Andy From Headspace
How To Make Banoffee Pie The Royal Family Way With Prince Charle…
Rach shares a delicious burger-breakfast sandwich mash-up that’s great for for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Rach's Pro Tip: The tomato jam will keep 10 days to 2 weeks in fridge. Serve leftovers with soft cheese and crackers, on hot dogs or in sandwiches.
For a healthy twist on the classic Bacon, Egg & Cheese breakfast sandwich, check out this recipe, or try a French Toast version inspired by the egg sandwich that went viral on TikTok.
- 2 pounds Roma tomatoes, cored and chopped — leave skins intact
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 1 jalapeño or red chili pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated or minced
- 2 cloves garlic , minced or grated
- 1 teaspoon granulated onion
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- About 1 teaspoon teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cayenne, or 1 teaspoon cayenne hot sauce
- ¼ teaspoon smoked cinnamon or ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ground clove or allspice
- 6 slices meaty bacon, halved for 12 short-cut slices total
- 1½ pounds ground sirloin/beef (80/20%) or equal amounts ground beef and bulk breakfast sausage combined
- Salt and pepper
- ½ tablespoon canola or olive oil
- 8 ounces sliced or shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 medium eggs
- About 4 teaspoons butter for eggs
- 4 English muffins, sandwich size or thick specialty muffins of choice, lightly toasted
- Sliced pickles, to serve
- Finely chopped white onion, to serve
- Finely chopped iceberg lettuce, to serve
For the tomato jam, bring chopped tomatoes to a boil in medium saucepot. Add light brown sugar, pepper, ginger, garlic, granulated onion, ground cumin, salt, cayenne, cinnamon and clove or allspice. Reduce heat to low and simmer 1 hour stirring frequently or until the consistency of jam. Transfer to a jar with a tight lid and let cool before refrigerating.
For the BEC (bacon, egg & cheese) burgers, preheat oven to 375˚F and bake bacon to very crisp on slotted pan or wire rack-lined baking sheet for 15 to 18 minutes.
Season beef; if using a combination of beef and sausage, do not season the sausage. Form 4 patties of all beef or beef and sausage with edges a little thicker than center of patties for even cooking.
Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat for burgers. Add a drizzle of oil and cook patties about 6 minutes, turning after 3 to 4, top with cheese to melt, remove to plate.
Heat a small nonstick skillet over medium heat or 2 small skillets if you have 2, with a dab of butter and add an egg, season with salt and pepper and cover, cook egg to medium or well, remove to plate and repeat.
Assemble: toasted English muffin bottom with pickles, onions and lettuce, cheeseburger, egg, 3 short slices of crisp bacon across egg, tomato jam slathered all over English muffin top.