How To Make a Healthy Chicken Dinner with Grilled Carrots and To…
Meet The Chef Whose Nonprofit Provides Healthy Meals + Human Con…
How To Make a Cucumber Margarita | John Cusimano
See Rachael's Dog Bella Boo Blue's Adorable First Trip to NYC's …
How To Make Shrimp Nachos with Green Tomato or Raw Tomatillo Ver…
75-Year-Old Hot Dog Stand In L.A. Goes Viral On TikTok After Bec…
How To Make No-Bake Chocolate Cream Pie | Duff Goldman
How To Make Waterfall Cake | Cake Boss Buddy Valastro
How To Make Cacio e Pepe With Homemade Cavatelli | Top Chef Joe …
How To Make Cedar Braised Bison | Chef Sean Sherman | The Sioux …
How To Make Pasta alla Norma | Roasted Eggplant Pasta | Rachael…
Two Steps Home HGTV Couple Gives Backyard Tour With Vertical Gar…
How To Make Challah Panzanella | Jake Cohen
Tommy DiDario Styles Man Who Went Viral Offering To Do Odd Jobs …
How To DIY Sun Protection For Hair | Celebrity Hairstylist Ted G…
How To Do a Twist Braid | Summer Hair Trends | Celebrity Hairsty…
How To Make Quick Beef or Chicken Curry with Ginger and Leeks | …
Rachael + John Get Emotional Sharing Figurine Of "Angel Isaboo" …
Fear The Walking Dead Actress Jenna Elfman On Why She Thinks The…
Dharma & Greg Star Jenna Elfman Reminisces On The Show 20 Years …
How To Make Pasta con Poblano | Rachael Ray
Richard Blais lost 80 lbs with healthy meals like this spatchcock chicken with grilled carrots + tomato-celery salad.
- 1 chicken, spatchcocked by your butcher
- 1 tablespoon crushed fennel seed
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- ½ tablespoon dried basil
- ½ tablespoon garlic powder
- ½ tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons clarified butter
- 1 bunch carrots with leafy tops
- Olive oil
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 1 tablespoon raisins, reconstituted
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ cup chopped fresh tarragon
- ¼ cup blanched carrot tops
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeño
- 2 tablespoons capers
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ lemon, juiced
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- ½ cup avocado mayo
- ½ cup plain kefir (no added sugar)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon minced sundried tomato
- ¼ cup roasted chicken drippings
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried chives
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- ½ teaspoon teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup sliced celery, plus leaves for garnish
- 1 cup rinsed garbanzo beans
- 1 cup toasted walnut halves
- ½ cup blue cheese crumbles, optional
- ¼ cup torn fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
- 3 tablspoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fruit vinegar, such as fig, pomegranate or red wine
For the chicken, preheat oven to 375˚F. Pat dry chicken with a towel. Combine spices, salt and pepper, and liberally season chicken on both sides.
Heat clarified butter in a large oven-proof skillet over medium-high. Sear the chicken, skin-side down, until golden brown, around 5 minutes, then flip the chicken and transfer pan into the oven until chicken is done, 25 to 35 minutes. Reserve pan drippings for use in the ranch dressing.
For the carrots, bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Prepare an iced water bath.
Trim the carrot tops, reserving 1 cup leaves for the salsa verde. Peel the carrots and cut into 2-inch pieces.
Preheat a grill pan over high heat. In the pot of boiling water, blanch carrot tops for 2 minutes and immediately shock in iced water bath. Add the carrots to the boiling water and cook until almost cooked through, 5 to 8 minutes, and remove. Toss the carrots in olive oil and then grill until charred and completely cooked through.
For the salsa verde, in a food processor fitted with a blade attachment, add the anchovies, raisins and garlic first, then the herbs, jalapeños, capers, olive oil and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. Pulse and process until chunky, then toss with the grilled carrots.
For the roasted chicken ranch dressing, rinse out the food processor, then add all the ingredients. Pulse and process until combined.
For the salad, toss all ingredients together. Top with the dressing.