How To Make Instant Pot Sausage & Shells | 20 Minute Meal | Pres…
Rach's Chicken Riggies + Expert-Picked Style, Design and Tech Es…
Quick Maple Pork Chops With Garlicky Mashed Potatoes + Tom Payne…
Tony Hale Dishes On "I Love Lucy" Film + Rach Makes a Greek Feast
Jessica Alba & Cash Warren's "Double Date" With Rach & John + Ra…
Rach's Bagels 5 Ways (Like Spinach & Artichoke!) + Ham, Egg & Ch…
How To Make Tso Tini Cocktail | John Cusimano
How To Make Rachael's General Tso's Chicken
How To Make Perfectly Charred Carne Asada Tacos with Avocado Cre…
We Surprise The Adorable Couple Behind The Secret @MealsSheEats …
How To Make John's Blackberry-Ginger "House Call Mocktail | John…
What Happens In Your Body When You Eat Whole vs Refined Grains |…
How To Make Pho | Rachael Ray
How To Make Honey Soy Glazed Salmon | Dr. Ian Smith
Deals From Rue La La: Genuine Soft Leather Jackets, Healthy Pres…
Cake Boss Buddy Valastro's Fun Cake Decorating Ideas For Spring
Former Rachael Ray Mag Editor Wrote 365 Thank You Letters In One…
How To Make Meatball Patty Melt Pizzas | Rachael Ray
Buddy Valastro Tells Rach He's at "About 75%" Strength in His Ha…
Buddy Valastro Surprises His Biggest Fan AGAIN—9 Years After Emo…
Jane Lynch Talks Hosting "The Weakest Link" Reboot + Rach Makes …
"This may very well be one of my most popular dishes for a few reasons. Not only is it one of the most decadent pasta dishes ever, but it’s all done in one pot, saving precious time and avoiding messy clean-up!" —Jeffrey
It's also become a staff favorite:
- "Made this last night. It worked very well with gluten-free pasta, which is notoriously fussy, and my family went nuts!" —Matthew Kells, Supervising Producer
- "I've made it a few times too, and it's become a Friday night go-to for me and my husband. I would recommend it to all!" —Erin Fitzpatrick Rose, Senior Producer
Swap It: Don't have wine in the house? No problem. Skip it and add in an extra cup of broth instead.
Adapted from The Step-By-Step Instant Pot Cookbook by Jeffrey Eisner. Copyright © 2020 by Jeffrey Eisner. Used with permission by Voracious. All rights reserved.
For more ideas, check out Jeffrey's Instant Pot Meatloaf and Mashed Potatoes, this healthy Instant Pot "Rotisserie" Chicken, Instant Pot Taco Mac and Cheese, Instant Pot French Onion Soup and even how to make hard boiled eggs in an Instant Pot.
- 4 tablespoons salted butter
- 2 large shallots, diced
- 2 pounds Italian sausage (sweet, hot or mixed), cut into ½-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon crushed garlic
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- About 10 ounces cherry or grape tomatoes
- One 1-pound box medium shells
- 5 to 8 ounces baby spinach
- ⅓ cup half-and-half or heavy cream
- 1 to 1½ cups grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for topping
- One 5.2-ounce package spreadable garlic and herb cheese, such as Boursin or Alouette (if you cannot find it, 5 ounces from a brick of cream cheese will do)
- One 14-ounce can artichoke hearts, drained and torn into pieces
Add butter to a 6-quart Instant Pot, press "Sauté" and "Adjust" so it's on the "More" or "High" setting. Once the butter melts and is sizzling, add the shallots and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the sausage and garlic and stir for 2 minutes more. Stir in the broth, wine, Italian seasoning, dried parsley and tomatoes.
Top the contents of the pot with the pasta shells; do not stir, just submerge them under the liquid as much as possible by smoothing them out with a mixing spoon (some shells will stick out above the liquid). Top with the spinach and, again, do not stir.
Secure the lid and press "Keep Warm/Cancel" and then press "Manual" or "Pressure Cook High Pressure" for 6 minutes (5 minutes for more al dente shells). Quick release when done.
Stir in the cream, Parmesan, spreadable cheese, and artichokes for about 2 minutes, until the spreadable cheese combines with the sauce. Let rest for 5 minutes more to thicken before serving.