How To Make Japanese Curry Ramen | Rachael Ray
Brooke Shields Tearfully Recounts Devastating Accident + Leg Inj…
How to Make Roasted Honey-Soy Green Beans | Rachael Ray
We Surprise a Mom of 10 (Including 6 Foster Kids!) Who Works So …
How to Make Salt 'n' Pepper Pork or Chicken | Rachael Ray
How to Make Caramel Apple Shortcakes | Grant Melton
How to Make Sausages with Apples and Onions & Charred, Spiced Ca…
Robin Roberts Tearfully Recalls the Emotional Moment Her Sister …
How to Make Easy Grilled Corn with Jalapeño Cilantro Glaze | Sun…
How to Make Chianti Risotto with Garlicky Spinach and Oven Charr…
How to Make Sheet Pan Chicken with Rosemary & Grapes | Queer Eye…
Feast Your Eyes on Our Savory 16 Charcuterie Board + We Promise …
How to Make an Edible Cheeseboard With Focaccia for Your Next Pa…
How to Make Miso Ramen with Steak, Japanese-Style Tomato Salad +…
How to Make Apple Cider Doughnut Cake | Milk Bar's Christina Tosi
Cake Boss Buddy Valastro Tells Rachael His Hand Is At 95% One Ye…
Cake Boss Buddy Valastro Has Sweet Words For Rachael To Celebrat…
How to Make a Bumbleberry Pie Sundae | Gail Simmons
How to Make Spaghetti or Linguini with Red Clam Sauce | Rachael …
Coach Rob Mendez, Football Coach Born Without Limbs, Tells His I…
These ramen bowls come with a warning from Rach: "Don't freak out!" Adjust any add-ins to taste, as this recipe is way easier and faster than it looks.
They also happen to be John's favorite on "Make-Your-Own-Takeout" night.
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin (a palmful)
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander (a palmful)
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 3 eggs
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts or 6 thighs
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons neutral oil
- 2 leeks, trimmed, dried and sliced
- 3 baby bok choy, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 inches ginger root, peeled and minced or grated
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed and chopped or grated
- 1 inch fresh turmeric root, peeled and grated or minced (optional—add only if not using ground turmeric in the curry spice blend)
- 3 tablespoons shoyu or Tamari soy sauce of choice
- 3 tablespoons white miso paste
- 2 quarts stock or chicken bone broth
- A handful of curry leaves (optional)
- One 9.5-ounce package ramen noodles (3 bundles)
- About 1 cup julienned carrots
- A few radishes, cut into matchsticks
- 4 stacks shiso leaves or a couple cups of spinach, shredded
- 2 cups mung bean sprouts
For the Curry Spice, toast and grind whole seeds or lightly toast ground spices. Combine spices.
For the bowls, boil the eggs for 7 minutes then drain, crack and cool eggs in ice water, loosen shells and peel.
Heat a skillet over medium-high heat with 1 tablespoon oil, add chicken, season with salt and pepper and brown and just cook through 7 to 8 minutes, remove and rest.
Rub chicken with spice mixture. Heat a soup pot over medium heat, add oil, 1 turn of the pan, add leeks, bok choy, ginger, garlic and turmeric (if using), soften for 2 minutes, add soy sauce and Miso paste and whisk in stock to combine, add curry leaves if using, simmer soup until ready to serve.
Bring water to boil for noodles. Cook Ramen noodles to package directions.
Slice chicken on bias.
Arrange noodles in 3 bowls and then top using ¾ of soup, arrange the chicken, carrots, radishes, shiso or greens and bean spouts around the bowl. Ladle the last of the soup over the arranged dish. Halve eggs and set on top, serve with chopsticks and spoons.