How To Make Keto Lasagna-Style Stuffed Zucchini By Rachael
Meet The Chef Whose Nonprofit Provides Healthy Meals + Human Con…
How To Make a Cucumber Margarita | John Cusimano
See Rachael's Dog Bella Boo Blue's Adorable First Trip to NYC's …
How To Make Shrimp Nachos with Green Tomato or Raw Tomatillo Ver…
75-Year-Old Hot Dog Stand In L.A. Goes Viral On TikTok After Bec…
How To Make No-Bake Chocolate Cream Pie | Duff Goldman
How To Make Waterfall Cake | Cake Boss Buddy Valastro
How To Make Cacio e Pepe With Homemade Cavatelli | Top Chef Joe …
How To Make Cedar Braised Bison | Chef Sean Sherman | The Sioux …
How To Make Pasta alla Norma | Roasted Eggplant Pasta | Rachael…
Two Steps Home HGTV Couple Gives Backyard Tour With Vertical Gar…
How To Make Challah Panzanella | Jake Cohen
Tommy DiDario Styles Man Who Went Viral Offering To Do Odd Jobs …
How To DIY Sun Protection For Hair | Celebrity Hairstylist Ted G…
How To Do a Twist Braid | Summer Hair Trends | Celebrity Hairsty…
How To Make Quick Beef or Chicken Curry with Ginger and Leeks | …
Rachael + John Get Emotional Sharing Figurine Of "Angel Isaboo" …
Fear The Walking Dead Actress Jenna Elfman On Why She Thinks The…
Dharma & Greg Star Jenna Elfman Reminisces On The Show 20 Years …
How To Make Pasta con Poblano | Rachael Ray
These keto-friendly stuffed zucchini boats hit the spot when you're craving lasagna but are counting carbs.
Rach created this recipe for her buddy, athlete, author and filmmaker Tim Tebow, who says he's been on the keto diet since 2012.
- 4 medium very firm zucchini (I like lighter green, thick zucchini for stuffing)
- Salt and pepper
- Non-aerosol olive oil spray
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped or grated
- 1 small carrot, finely chopped or grated
- 1 rib celery with leafy tops, finely chopped
- ¼ pound pancetta or smoked pancetta, finely chopped
- 1 ½ pounds ground beef
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped or grated
- 2 tablespoons, tomato paste
- ½ cup white wine
- ½ cup beef or chicken bone broth
- One 28-ounce can crushed or diced tomatoes
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella or mozzarella and provolone combined, or 1 sack
- 1 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese or mascarpone, cut into pieces
- 1 cup cream
- Salt, white pepper and nutmeg, to taste
- A few leaves of basil, torn
Preheat oven to 425˚F.
Halve zucchini lengthwise and scrape out seedy centers of the squash, making zucchini boats for filling. Arrange the zucchini on a large parchment-lined rimmed baking sheet. Season the zucchini with salt and pepper and spray with olive oil. Roast about 15 minutes, then remove from oven to cool to room temperature.
Meanwhile, to a large deep skillet over medium to medium-high heat, add EVOO, onion, carrot, and celery, soften 5 minutes, then add pancetta and render fat to lightly crisp. Add beef and brown and crumble, season with salt and pepper, then stir in garlic and tomato paste. Add wine, broth and tomatoes and simmer sauce to thicken.
For the white sauce, in a small pot, melt cream cheese and cream together and season with salt, white pepper and nutmeg.
Fill the thickened bolognese into boats and top with equal amounts of gluten-free white sauce and top with the cheeses. Place back in oven and bake until brown and bubbly.
Serve stuffed zucchini hot or at room temperature topped with a few leaves of torn basil.