How To Make Keto Lasagna-Style Stuffed Zucchini By Rachael
Family-Run Vietnamese Restaurant Lilly's Cafe Is Still a New Orl…
How to Make Corn Crème Brûlée | Richard Blais
How to Make Charred Radicchio Salad | Rachael Ray
How to Make Butter-Basted Ribeye Steaks | Richard Blais
How to Make Bucatini with Creamy Bacon and Onion Sauce | Rachael…
How to Make Parsnip Creamed Spinach | Richard Blais
Lady Gaga and Tony Bennett Surprise Rachael with a Sweet Note + …
How to Make Spiked Hot Chocolate Hazelnut Mudslides | Sunny Ande…
Jamie Lee Curtis Has an Adorable Proud Godmother Moment for Gods…
What Are Rachael's Favorite Plant-Based Meals to Make? | Q & Ray…
Jamie Lee Curtis On Her "Halloween Kills" Character Laurie "Soft…
How to Make Marinated Beef Filet Bites with Spinach Rice Pilaf (…
How to Make German Chocolate Cookies | Sunny Anderson
How to Make Chocolate-Hazelnut Puff Pastry Twists
How to Make Everything Puff Pastry Pigs in a Blanket
Black-ish Star Anthony Anderson Teases Final Season Surprises: "…
Baby Nursery Tour: Style Expert + Host Lilliana Vazquez Shows In…
How to Make Bacon, Egg and Cheese Toast Cups
Anthony Anderson's Mom Put Acting Dreams Aside to Raise Him—But …
These keto-friendly stuffed zucchini boats hit the spot when you're craving lasagna but are counting carbs.
Rach created this recipe for her buddy, athlete, author and filmmaker Tim Tebow, who says he's been on the keto diet since 2012.
- 4 medium very firm zucchini (I like lighter green, thick zucchini for stuffing)
- Salt and pepper
- Non-aerosol olive oil spray
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped or grated
- 1 small carrot, finely chopped or grated
- 1 rib celery with leafy tops, finely chopped
- ¼ pound pancetta or smoked pancetta, finely chopped
- 1 ½ pounds ground beef
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped or grated
- 2 tablespoons, tomato paste
- ½ cup white wine
- ½ cup beef or chicken bone broth
- One 28-ounce can crushed or diced tomatoes
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella or mozzarella and provolone combined, or 1 sack
- 1 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese or mascarpone, cut into pieces
- 1 cup cream
- Salt, white pepper and nutmeg, to taste
- A few leaves of basil, torn
Preheat oven to 425˚F.
Halve zucchini lengthwise and scrape out seedy centers of the squash, making zucchini boats for filling. Arrange the zucchini on a large parchment-lined rimmed baking sheet. Season the zucchini with salt and pepper and spray with olive oil. Roast about 15 minutes, then remove from oven to cool to room temperature.
Meanwhile, to a large deep skillet over medium to medium-high heat, add EVOO, onion, carrot, and celery, soften 5 minutes, then add pancetta and render fat to lightly crisp. Add beef and brown and crumble, season with salt and pepper, then stir in garlic and tomato paste. Add wine, broth and tomatoes and simmer sauce to thicken.
For the white sauce, in a small pot, melt cream cheese and cream together and season with salt, white pepper and nutmeg.
Fill the thickened bolognese into boats and top with equal amounts of gluten-free white sauce and top with the cheeses. Place back in oven and bake until brown and bubbly.
Serve stuffed zucchini hot or at room temperature topped with a few leaves of torn basil.