How To Make Potato Soup 3-Ways | Rachael Ray
Tommy DiDario Styles Man Who Went Viral Offering To Do Odd Jobs …
How To DIY Sun Protection For Hair | Celebrity Hairstylist Ted G…
How To Do a Twist Braid | Summer Hair Trends | Celebrity Hairsty…
How To Make Quick Beef or Chicken Curry with Ginger and Leeks | …
Rachael + John Get Emotional Sharing Figurine Of "Angel Isaboo" …
Fear The Walking Dead Actress Jenna Elfman On Why She Thinks The…
Dharma & Greg Star Jenna Elfman Reminisces On The Show 20 Years …
This Incredible 15-Year-Old Baker Is Fighting Child Food Insecur…
How To Make Pasta con Poblano | Rachael Ray
NEW: Duff Goldman's No-Bake Chocolate Cream Pie + Buddy Valastro…
ALL NEW: Rach's Pasta alla Norma + A Summer Salad Made With BREAD
How To Grill Pork Tenderloin, Poultry Burgers + Burger Blends | …
How To Make a Negroni Royale Cocktail | John Cusimano
How To Grill Sausages The Right Way—Without Drying Them Out | Ra…
Rachael's Favorite Restaurants + Things To Do In The Adirondacks…
How To Make Tagliatelle with Ground Meat Ragu and Peas | Rachael…
How To Make Lemon-Blueberry Ricotta Cheesecake | Rachael's Siste…
How To Make Honey-Bourbon Glazed Chicken With Wild Rice | Chef J…
How To Make Kung Pao Chicken | Chef Jet Tila
Man Who Was Shot Saving Stranger's Life Starts Organization Devo…
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- Salt and white pepper or fine black pepper
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 quart chicken bone broth or stock or vegetable stock
- 2 cups warm half-and-half or whole milk
- 2½ pounds Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and diced
- ½ cup sour cream or whole milk yogurt
- 1 teaspoon mild Ancho chili powder (⅓ palmful) or ½ teaspoon chili powder blend or ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 ounces Irish cheddar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¾ pound corned beef, thick-cut from deli, cut into batons
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 shallot, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced sage leaves or 1 teaspoon dried
- ½ small Savoy cabbage, cored, halved and shredded
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- Salt and pepper
- 8 slices meaty bacon
- 1 cup sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh chives
- Salt, to taste
- 8 ounces sharp white cheddar, shredded
- 2 bundles broccolini, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch—make a slurry with a splash of water
- About ½ teaspoon granulated or powdered garlic
- About ½ teaspoon granulated or powdered onion
- About ½ teaspoon white pepper
- About ½ teaspoon paprika
- Freshly grated nutmeg, to taste (about ⅛ teaspoon)
- About 1 cup shredded yellow cheddar cheese (about 4 ounces)
Heat a soup pot and melt butter over medium heat. Add onions and garlic, season and cook to soften, about 3 minutes. Add flour and stir a minute, add stock and warm half-and-half, bring to a low boil. Add the diced potatoes and cook until tender, about 15 to 20 minutes, add sour cream or yogurt and chili powder or cayenne, puree with immersion blender, and adjust seasoning to taste.
For the Corned Beef and Cabbage Topping, grate or shred cheese.
Heat a medium nonstick skillet with oil over medium-high heat, add meat and crisp, then remove to plate. Add butter, add shallot and stir a minute, add sage, cabbage, caraway, salt and pepper, toss 2 to 3 minutes to tender-crisp.
Fill bowls with potato soup, top with cheese and cabbage, then top cabbage with crispy batons of corned beef.
For the Bacon, Cheddar and Horseradish Topping, heat oven to 400˚F and bake bacon until very crisp on slotted pan or wire rack-lined baking sheet. Remove from oven and let cool a little, than coarsely chop.
Combine sour cream or yogurt with horseradish, black pepper, chives and salt to taste.
Top potato soup with cheese, chopped crispy bacon and a large dollop of horseradish sauce.
For the Broccoli and Cheese Topping, bring a few inches of water to boil, add broccolini and season with salt, cook 3 to 4 minutes until just tender, drain.
Heat milk in small pot and whisk in Worcestershire, slurry of cornstarch, garlic, onion, white pepper, paprika and nutmeg, thicken a bit and stir in cheese.
Top the potato soup with the florets and a few heaping spoonfuls of cheese sauce.