How To Make Quick Chicken Pot Pies By Rachael
How to Make Roasted Eggplant, Pepper and Tomato Pasta | Rachael …
Jessica Alba Surprises Beauty 2 the Streetz Founder Who Makes L…
Jessica Alba on Parenting Her Teen Daughter Honor: "No Matter Wh…
First Look Inside Rachael's Rebuilt Home One Year After Devastat…
How To Make 3-Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
How To Make Thai-Style Pineapple Fried Rice | Jet Tila
How To Make Roti Pizza | Indian-ish Author Priya Krishna
How To Make French Onion Soup (Onion Soup Gratinée) | Jacques Pé…
How To Make Farfalle with Shiitake Mushrooms | Scott Conant
How To Make Oat Crumb Topping For Fruit Crumbles | Pantry Recipe…
How To Make a Pumpkin Enchilada-Inspired Casserole | Pantry Clea…
How To Make Spicy Thai Peanut Noodles with Sambal Shrimp | Pantr…
How To Make a Ham and Cheese Tortilla Wrap Melt Using The TikTok…
How To Make An Easy Florentine Pasta with Italian Tuna or Pulled…
How To Make Air Fryer Stuffing-Coated Chicken Nuggets | Pantry C…
How To Make Lentil Soup | Pantry Recipe | Marc Murphy
Meet The Chef Whose Nonprofit Provides Healthy Meals + Human Con…
How To Make a Cucumber Margarita | John Cusimano
See Rachael's Dog Bella Boo Blue's Adorable First Trip to NYC's …
A creamy filling made with chicken, veggies & beer gets topped with puff pastry for Rach's quick chicken pot pies.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, chopped, or 2 cups small frozen pearl onions, defrosted and pat dry
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 ribs celery with leafy tops, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed or chopped
- 1 leek, chopped
- Salt and finely ground black or white pepper
- 1 large bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme
- 3 rounded tablespoons flour, plus more for rolling out dough
- 12 ounces crisp golden beer such as Guinness Blonde (1 ½ cups)
- About 1 ½ cups chicken bone broth or stock
- 1 cup cream, or about ¾ cup crème fraiche
- About ¼ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg, to taste
- 1 rotisserie chicken (or 3-4 pound roast chicken), remove the skin and bones and pull or chop meat into bite-sized pieces
- ½ lemon, juiced
- About 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 sheet puff pastry (Rach likes Dufour)
- 1 egg, stir with a fork with a splash of water
- Parchment paper
Defrost pastry dough in fridge 2 hours before baking it off.
Preheat oven to 425˚F with rack at middle and line a large baking sheet with parchment.
Heat a large skillet or braising pan over medium heat. Melt butter, and when it foams, add onions, carrots, celery, garlic, leeks, salt and pepper or white pepper, bay and thyme. Partially cover the pan and sweat 5 to 6 minutes to soften, then add flour and stir to combine. Whisk in the beer and reduce by about two-thirds to about one-half cup, then whisk in stock and thicken a minute, reduce heat to simmer/low, add cream or crème fraiche, combine into sauce, then add nutmeg to taste and stir in chicken. Gently heat chicken through and finish with lemon and mustard, remove bay.
Meanwhile, roll out dough on lightly floured work surface and cut the pastry to fit top of individual bowls (cut into rounds or rectangles that hang off the edges) or, leave sheet whole or cut into 6 even rectangular pieces to top a large 9 x 13 or 10 x 13 casserole dish. Vent your pieces of pastry with small slits at center or small cookie cutter cut-outs of hearts or circles or leaves. Arrange dough on parchment-lined sheet tray, then brush with egg wash and bake to golden all over and puffed.
Top bowls or casserole of filling with pastry and serve.