How To Make Beef Milanese with Everything By Rachael
How to Make Deviled Steaks and Marcella Hazan-Style Crispy Potat…
How to Make a Smokehouse Stack Burger | Billionaire Burger Boyz
How to Make Spaghetti alla Puttanesca | Rachael Ray
How to Make Lemon Posset | Jacques Pépin
How to Make Grilled Ginger-Sesame Chicken Salad | Curtis Stone
How to Make Oven Fried Chicken
How to Make 4 Mexican-Inspired Dishes with Pan-Roasted Salsa
Rachael Ray In Season Editor-in-Chief Talks Fall 2021 Italian Is…
At Grand Rapids' Amore Trattoria, You Come for the Authentic Ita…
See Rachael's Italian Dream Home In First Look At New Facebook W…
How to Make Spinach Ricotta Gnudi with Tomato Sauce and Crispy G…
How To Make Chicken Cacciatore | Rachael Ray
We Tried The TikTok Watermelon Slicer
How to Make Roasted Eggplant, Pepper and Tomato Pasta | Rachael …
Jessica Alba Surprises Beauty 2 the Streetz Founder Who Makes L…
Jessica Alba on Parenting Her Teen Daughter Honor: "No Matter Wh…
First Look Inside Rachael's Rebuilt Home One Year After Devastat…
How To Make 3-Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
How To Make Thai-Style Pineapple Fried Rice | Jet Tila
"When it comes to breadcrumbs, you're the boss," Rach says. "Give them all the flavor you've got. This is a great way to use up the end of the spice jar."
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 cup finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper, about ⅓ palmful
- 1 teaspoon fennel pollen or ground fennel, about ⅓ palmful
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic, about ⅓ palmful
- 1 teaspoon granulated onion, about ⅓ palmful
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, about ⅓ palmful
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley, about ⅓ palmful
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, about ⅓ palmful
- 4 large top round beef steaks (⅛- to ¼-inch-thick)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup flour
- 3 eggs
- Olive or safflower oil, for shallow frying
- 1 large head escarole, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano
- EVOO, for drizzling (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 small bulb fennel, very thinly sliced
- 1 shallot, very thinly sliced
In a large shallow bowl, mix all the ingredients for the breading.
Pat the steaks dry; season with salt and pepper. In a shallow bowl, add the flour. In another shallow bowl, whisk the eggs until blended. Coat the steaks in the flour; shake off excess flour. Dip the steaks in the eggs and then the breading, pressing so the crumbs adhere. Transfer to a wire rack.
In a large skillet, heat about ⅛-inch of olive oil over medium-high. When the oil ripples, add the cutlets. Cook until the cutlets are brown and crisp, about 2 ½ minutes per side.
Let rest on a clean wire rack.
In a large bowl, mix the escarole, shaved Parm, EVOO, and lemon juice. In a small bowl, toss the fennel and shallot.
Divide the cutlets among the plates. Top the cutlets with the escarole salad and the fennel and shallot.