How To Make Mexican-Style Lasagna By Rachael
Tommy DiDario Styles Man Who Went Viral Offering To Do Odd Jobs …
How To DIY Sun Protection For Hair | Celebrity Hairstylist Ted G…
How To Do a Twist Braid | Summer Hair Trends | Celebrity Hairsty…
How To Make Quick Beef or Chicken Curry with Ginger and Leeks | …
Rachael + John Get Emotional Sharing Figurine Of "Angel Isaboo" …
Fear The Walking Dead Actress Jenna Elfman On Why She Thinks The…
Dharma & Greg Star Jenna Elfman Reminisces On The Show 20 Years …
How To Make Pasta con Poblano | Rachael Ray
This Incredible 15-Year-Old Baker Is Fighting Child Food Insecur…
NEW: Duff Goldman's No-Bake Chocolate Cream Pie + Buddy Valastro…
ALL NEW: Rach's Pasta alla Norma + A Summer Salad Made With BREAD
How To Grill Pork Tenderloin, Poultry Burgers + Burger Blends | …
How To Make a Negroni Royale Cocktail | John Cusimano
How To Grill Sausages The Right Way—Without Drying Them Out | Ra…
Rachael's Favorite Restaurants + Things To Do In The Adirondacks…
How To Make Tagliatelle with Ground Meat Ragu and Peas | Rachael…
How To Make Lemon-Blueberry Ricotta Cheesecake | Rachael's Siste…
How To Make Honey-Bourbon Glazed Chicken With Wild Rice | Chef J…
How To Make Kung Pao Chicken | Chef Jet Tila
Man Who Was Shot Saving Stranger's Life Starts Organization Devo…
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or neutral oil
- 1 ½ pounds ground beef or beef and pork combined
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 red finger chili or fresno chili, chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon coriander
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 cans Ro-Tel or diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 2 cans spicy or traditional vegetarian (no lard) refried beans
- One 15-ounce bottle Mexican crema, or 2 cups sour cream
- 1 lime
- 8 ounces cotija or queso fresco, finely crumbled
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend in pouch (12 ounces) or grated Pepper Jack cheese (1 block)
- Non-aerosol cooking spray
- 12 flat sheets no-boil lasagna
- Matchsticks of radish
- Pickled jalapeño pepper rings, mild or hot
- Cilantro leaves
- Chopped scallions
- Toasted pepitas or toasted chopped pistachios
Preheat oven to 375˚F.
Heat a deep skillet or Dutch oven over medium-high heat, add oil and when it ripples, add meat or meats, then brown and crumble. Add fresh chilies and onion, stir and season with salt, pepper and spices, stir 3-5 minutes. Add garlic, stir, add 1 cup water and let it absorb, add tomatoes and reduce heat to simmer.
Place beans in small pan or saucepot, heat and add a little water to thin.
In a bowl, combine crema and the juice of 1 lime, add cheeses and stir.
Assemble: spray pan, add a little sauce to coat, add pasta, 4 sheets, top with half the beans and half the meat sauce, top with pasta, add half the cheese sauce, cover with pasta, remaining beans, top with remaining meat sauce and another layer of pasta, finish with remaining cheese mixture.
Bake lasagna covered 30 minutes, then uncovered 20-30 minutes more to deep golden. Let stand 15 minutes to settle.
Top with toppings of choice, cut and serve.