How to Make Not Mummy’s Nachos by Rachael
Brooke Shields Tearfully Recounts Devastating Accident + Leg Inj…
How to Make Roasted Honey-Soy Green Beans | Rachael Ray
We Surprise a Mom of 10 (Including 6 Foster Kids!) Who Works So …
How to Make Salt 'n' Pepper Pork or Chicken | Rachael Ray
How to Make Caramel Apple Shortcakes | Grant Melton
How to Make Sausages with Apples and Onions & Charred, Spiced Ca…
Robin Roberts Tearfully Recalls the Emotional Moment Her Sister …
How to Make Easy Grilled Corn with Jalapeño Cilantro Glaze | Sun…
How to Make Chianti Risotto with Garlicky Spinach and Oven Charr…
How to Make Sheet Pan Chicken with Rosemary & Grapes | Queer Eye…
Feast Your Eyes on Our Savory 16 Charcuterie Board + We Promise …
How to Make an Edible Cheeseboard With Focaccia for Your Next Pa…
How to Make Miso Ramen with Steak, Japanese-Style Tomato Salad +…
How to Make Apple Cider Doughnut Cake | Milk Bar's Christina Tosi
Cake Boss Buddy Valastro Tells Rachael His Hand Is At 95% One Ye…
Cake Boss Buddy Valastro Has Sweet Words For Rachael To Celebrat…
How to Make a Bumbleberry Pie Sundae | Gail Simmons
How to Make Spaghetti or Linguini with Red Clam Sauce | Rachael …
Coach Rob Mendez, Football Coach Born Without Limbs, Tells His I…
Tomatillo salsa, refried beans, chipotle sour cream + an extra-special topping of chorizo and pumpkin.
- 1 small sugar pumpkin or , halved, peeled, seeded, and cut into bite-sized pieces (or butternut squash)
- Olive oil spray
- Salt and pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 pound Mexican chorizo
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 small mild red or green pepper or poblano pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 jalapeño or Fresno (milder) chili peppers or a combo, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small white onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin (half a palmful)
- 1/2 cup water
- Two 14-ounce cans black beans
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce (Rach’s go-to is Frank’s RedHot)
- 5 large tomatillos, rinsed and finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño or serrano pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 1 tablespoon agave
- A handful cilantro tops, finely chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 3 tablespoons chipotle in adobo
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon honey or agave
- 1 1/2 cups smoked cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups pepper jack cheese, shredded
- One 16-ounce bag blue corn tortilla chips
- Sliced jalapeño pepper rings
For the chorizo and pumpkin filling, heat oven to 450˚F. Arrange the squash on a baking sheet and spray with oil, season with salt, pepper, nutmeg, cinnamon and chili powder. Roast to tender and brown at edges, 25 minutes. Reduce heat to 325˚F.
In a skillet over medium-high heat, brown and crumble the chorizo in olive or vegetable oil, add onion, garlic and peppers, and cook until onions are translucent. Add ½ cup water and let it absorb.
Combine squash with chorizo, and set aside.
For the refried beans, heat olive oil, a turn of the pan, in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic, jalapeños, salt, pepper and cumin, and cook 5 minutes to soften. Add water and reduce to 2-3 tablespoons. Add beans and heat through.
Transfer beans to the bowl of a food processor and add lime juice and hot sauce. Process until smooth, and adjust salt to taste.
For the tomatillo salsa, in a food processor, combine tomatillos, jalapeno or serrano, red onion, garlic, agave, cilantro and lime. Pulse to combine.
For the chipotle sour cream, process chipotle in adobo, sour cream, lime, and honey in food processor. Transfer to squeeze bottle.
For the nachos, arrange blue corn tortilla chips on parchment-lined baking sheet or sheets.
Toast chips at mid-level rack 2 minutes, top with even layer of half of both cheeses, toast 2 minutes, add black bean spread on melted cheese to keep chips from getting soggy. In an even layer, add chorizo and roasted pumpkin filling, then top with remaining cheeses and brown. Top with chipotle sour cream and dot with raw tomatillo salsa and pickled jalapeno rings.