How To Make Pasta with Creamy Carrot Sauce and Peas by Rachael
Meet The Chef Whose Nonprofit Provides Healthy Meals + Human Con…
How To Make a Cucumber Margarita | John Cusimano
See Rachael's Dog Bella Boo Blue's Adorable First Trip to NYC's …
How To Make Shrimp Nachos with Green Tomato or Raw Tomatillo Ver…
75-Year-Old Hot Dog Stand In L.A. Goes Viral On TikTok After Bec…
How To Make No-Bake Chocolate Cream Pie | Duff Goldman
How To Make Waterfall Cake | Cake Boss Buddy Valastro
How To Make Cacio e Pepe With Homemade Cavatelli | Top Chef Joe …
How To Make Cedar Braised Bison | Chef Sean Sherman | The Sioux …
How To Make Pasta alla Norma | Roasted Eggplant Pasta | Rachael…
Two Steps Home HGTV Couple Gives Backyard Tour With Vertical Gar…
How To Make Challah Panzanella | Jake Cohen
Tommy DiDario Styles Man Who Went Viral Offering To Do Odd Jobs …
How To DIY Sun Protection For Hair | Celebrity Hairstylist Ted G…
How To Do a Twist Braid | Summer Hair Trends | Celebrity Hairsty…
How To Make Quick Beef or Chicken Curry with Ginger and Leeks | …
Rachael + John Get Emotional Sharing Figurine Of "Angel Isaboo" …
Fear The Walking Dead Actress Jenna Elfman On Why She Thinks The…
Dharma & Greg Star Jenna Elfman Reminisces On The Show 20 Years …
How To Make Pasta con Poblano | Rachael Ray
A spiced creamy carrot sauce gets tossed with pasta and peas in this simple dish.
"The leftover carrot and herb drizzle is great on sandwiches or any grilled or roasted vegetable or protein," Rach says.
- About 2 tablespoons olive oil or butter
- 1 pound organic carrots, peeled and sliced ½ inch on bias (or 1 bunch)
- Salt and fine ground black pepper, or 1 scant teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon turmeric, ⅓ palmful
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander, ⅓ palmful
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced, grated or chopped
- About 2 teaspoons orange or lemon zest
- ½ cup white wine
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 1 pound penne, semolina or gluten-free corn penne, or other short cut pasta, such as conchiglie (shells), farfalle (ties), or short fusilli
- 1 cup shelled fresh peas
- Grated Parmigiano-Reggiano, to pass
- Upland cress
- Edible flowers
- Toasted pine nuts (optional)
- 1 cup lacy carrot tops, a handful
- One handful mint
- 1 fat clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (⅓ palmful) or 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded
- About 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- About ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Salt, to taste
Heat a large pot of water to a boil for pasta.
Heat a large heavy skillet/pan with a lid over medium to medium-high heat with olive oil or butter. When hot, add carrots and season with salt and pepper or white pepper, turmeric, coriander, partially cover and sweat the carrots 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add garlic and citrus zest, stir, add wine and let it absorb, add stock and reduce heat to low and simmer 5 minutes more. Transfer to a food processor or high power blender and puree, add back to pan to keep warm, covered.
For the drizzle, if using, rinse processor or blender and return to base. Combine the carrot tops, mint, garlic, red pepper flakes or fresh jalapeño pepper and lemon juice in the food processor bowl or blender, pulse several times, then stream in the EVOO. Season sauce with salt to taste.
Salt pasta water and add pasta, cook 6 minutes, then add peas and cook 1-2 minutes more. Reserve about ½ cup starchy water, drain pasta and peas, add to carrot sauce with starchy water and stir to coat pasta. Adjust salt and pepper.
To serve, top pasta with some green sauce, if using, and/or cress, flowers and pine nuts.