How To Make Rainbow Broccoli or Cauliflower with Sausage | Thank…
How To Make Orecchiette and Broccoli Rabe | Rachael Ray
How To Make Pasta-Stuffed Peppers | Italian Recipes | Rachael Ray
How To Make Cheesy Stuffed Bread With Sausage And Broccolini | R…
How To Make Pasta With Cauliflower & Sausage | Pasquale Sciarappa
How To Make Creamy Orecchiette with Hot Sausage, Broccoli and Su…
How To Make Polenta With Rosemary & Black Pepper | Thanksgiving …
How To Make Zucchini Risotto From Rachael Ray 50
How To Make Italian-Style Rice | Rachael Ray
How To Make Everything Chili With Tortilla Tops | Rachael Ray
How To Make Pumpkin and 'Nduja Rigatoni | Pumpkin Spice Pasta | …
As part of our "12 Days Of Thanksgiving" countdown, Rach shared 2 delicious new side ideas: this broccoli or cauliflower with sausage, chili peppers and an Italian duo of walnuts and pecorino and Polenta with Rosemary & Black Pepper. She says they’re also delicious together for a meal.
Rach's Tip: Par-cook the broccoli, Romanesco or cauliflower ahead of time and freeze.
- Salt and pepper
- 2 heads different colors of broccoli, Romanesco or cauliflower, trimmed and cut into small bite-size pieces (boil for 2 minutes in salted water, cold shock and drain)
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 pound hot or sweet Italian sausage
- 1 onion or 2 large shallots, finely chopped
- 4 large cloves garlic, chopped or sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, picked and chopped
- 1 fresh chili pepper , seeded and finely chopped
- 1 cup chicken stock or broth
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
- Shaved or grated pecorino Romano cheese
Process or defrost broccoli or cauliflower, then pat dry or drain well.
Heat a large skillet over medium to medium-high heat, add about 3 tablespoons EVOO and lightly brown and crumble sausage. Add broccoli or cauliflower and shallot, garlic, thyme, and salt and pepper. Cook for a minute, then add chili peppers. Cook 5 to 6 minutes, add stock and reduce heat to simmer, then add lemon juice and half of your walnuts. Simmer until stock is absorbed.
To finish the broccoli or cauliflower, sprinkle with remaining nuts and the cheese.
Pass at the table as a side.