Sandwich Night: Rachael’s Chivito
Brooke Shields Tearfully Recounts Devastating Accident + Leg Inj…
How to Make Roasted Honey-Soy Green Beans | Rachael Ray
We Surprise a Mom of 10 (Including 6 Foster Kids!) Who Works So …
How to Make Salt 'n' Pepper Pork or Chicken | Rachael Ray
How to Make Caramel Apple Shortcakes | Grant Melton
How to Make Sausages with Apples and Onions & Charred, Spiced Ca…
Robin Roberts Tearfully Recalls the Emotional Moment Her Sister …
How to Make Easy Grilled Corn with Jalapeño Cilantro Glaze | Sun…
How to Make Chianti Risotto with Garlicky Spinach and Oven Charr…
How to Make Sheet Pan Chicken with Rosemary & Grapes | Queer Eye…
Feast Your Eyes on Our Savory 16 Charcuterie Board + We Promise …
How to Make an Edible Cheeseboard With Focaccia for Your Next Pa…
How to Make Miso Ramen with Steak, Japanese-Style Tomato Salad +…
How to Make Apple Cider Doughnut Cake | Milk Bar's Christina Tosi
Cake Boss Buddy Valastro Tells Rachael His Hand Is At 95% One Ye…
Cake Boss Buddy Valastro Has Sweet Words For Rachael To Celebrat…
How to Make a Bumbleberry Pie Sundae | Gail Simmons
How to Make Spaghetti or Linguini with Red Clam Sauce | Rachael …
Coach Rob Mendez, Football Coach Born Without Limbs, Tells His I…
This steak sammie with South American flair is piled high with toppings and finished with a delicious DIY herb sauce.
- 2 bell peppers, or mild large peppers, yellow and red
- 12 slices meaty bacon
- 1 cup flat parsley, packed
- 1/2 cup cilantro tops
- 3 tablespoons fresh oregano, or 1 tablespoon dried
- 1 shallot, coarsely chopped
- 1 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and coarsely chopped
- About 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- About 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, (EVOO)
- 3/4 pound very thinly sliced boneless rib eye, from your butcher, as for Philly cheesesteaks
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil, or canola oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 pound deli-sliced mozzarella, or mild provolone
- 4 round or oval rolls
- Baby or hearts of romaine, thinly sliced tomatoes, and thinly sliced red onions, to serve
- 3/4 pound cooked ham, such as Prosciutto cotto (plain or with rosemary)
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, available peeled in packages near fresh eggs
Broil or char peppers over open flame on gas stove to blacken and loosen skins. Place peppers in bowl and cover to cool. Seed and peel the peppers, then cut into strips.
Preheat oven to 375˚F. Arrange bacon on slotted pan or wire rack-lined baking sheet, and bake to very crisp about 18 minutes.
To a food processor, add parsley, cilantro, oregano, shallots, garlic and jalapeño and pulse to finely chop, add vinegar and stream in EVOO.
Heat a cast-iron skillet or griddle pan over medium-high heat. Cook beef on hot pan with a drizzle of high temp oil in small batches to brown, season with salt and pepper and coarsely chop as you turn the meat with the spatula. Add cheese to melt, remove meat to platter and repeat.
Assemble sandwiches: roll bottom, lettuce, onion, steak/cheese, peppers, ham, bacon, tomato, egg, sauce, and roll top.