- 1 ½ pounds medium shrimp, tails off and deveined
- 6 large cloves garlic, grated or finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- About 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- ⅓ cup white vermouth or white wine
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- One generous handful parsley, finely chopped
- 1 large loaf French bread, 24-28 inches long, cut into 4 planks, or 2 loaves 12-inch breads
- 3 cups shredded brick mozzarella
- 1 cup shredded Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
Combine shrimp, garlic, salt, pepper, red pepper and lemon zest, and chill 1 hour.
Preheat oven to 425˚F.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat with EVOO, 2 turns of the pan. Add shrimp and cook to just opaque and firm, 2 minutes, add vermouth or wine and lemon juice, swirl in butter, and add half the parsley.
Line a baking sheet with foil and arrange 4 planks of bread.
Lightly toast bread, 3-5 minutes, then top with shrimp and cheeses and bake to brown and bubbly, about 12 minutes more. Top with remaining parsley.