How To Make Skillet Meatloaf With Korean Ketchup & Rainbow Chard…
How to Make a Vermouth Spritz | John Cusimano
Stop Everything and Listen to "Buongiorno Baby"—the Song John Co…
How to Make Bistecca (Porterhouse) with Walnut Salsa Verde and C…
Rachael Reveals Her Favorite Place to Eat in Tuscany, Italy | Q …
What's In Our Meal Bag? 3 Sweet Stories from Viewers Who Tried R…
Brooke Shields Tearfully Recounts Devastating Accident + Leg Inj…
How to Make Roasted Honey-Soy Green Beans | Rachael Ray
We Surprise a Mom of 10 (Including 6 Foster Kids!) Who Works So …
How to Make Salt 'n' Pepper Pork or Chicken | Rachael Ray
How to Make Caramel Apple Shortcakes | Grant Melton
How to Make Sausages with Apples and Onions & Charred, Spiced Ca…
Robin Roberts Tearfully Recalls the Emotional Moment Her Sister …
How to Make Easy Grilled Corn with Jalapeño Cilantro Glaze | Sun…
How to Make Chianti Risotto with Garlicky Spinach and Oven Charr…
How to Make Sheet Pan Chicken with Rosemary & Grapes | Queer Eye…
Feast Your Eyes on Our Savory 16 Charcuterie Board + We Promise …
How to Make an Edible Cheeseboard With Focaccia for Your Next Pa…
How to Make Miso Ramen with Steak, Japanese-Style Tomato Salad +…
How to Make Apple Cider Doughnut Cake | Milk Bar's Christina Tosi
Rach's skillet meatloaf is glazed with a spicy layer of Korean ketchup and served with a hearty helping of seasoned greens.
- 2 tablespoons neutral oil, such as safflower or canola
- 2 pounds ground beef (80%) or mix of beef and pork
- Salt and pepper
- 1 onion, grated or very finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, grated or finely chopped
- 2 inches ginger, grated or minced
- About 3 tablespoons soy sauce or smoked soy sauce
- About 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 eggs
- 1-1 ½ cups old-fashioned oats or panko breadcrumbs
- ½ cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons to ¼ cup gochujang (Korean chili paste), regular or extra-spicy
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- Chopped scallions or chives, to serve
- 1 ½-2 pounds rainbow chard
- 3 tablespoons tamari or soy sauce
- 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon superfine sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, grated, minced or pasted
- ¼ cup toasted sesame seeds
- 1 bunch scallions, chopped on a bias
For the meatloaf, heat oven to 375˚F and brush or rub a 10-inch cast-iron skillet with oil.
Combine ground meat with salt, pepper, onion, garlic, ginger (Rach uses her multi-grater to grate the onion, garlic and ginger directly into the bowl), soy, Worcestershire and eggs. Begin with 1 cup of oats or panko added to the mixture, and add more if mixture is too wet. Fill pan and form an even, smooth top for meatloaf. Bake until meatloaf registers 140˚F on a thermometer, about 25 minutes. Pull from oven, add sauce and bake 5-10 minutes more or to 160˚F on thermometer.
For the sauce, in a small bowl, combine ketchup, gochujang and sesame oil.
Top the prepared meatloaf with scallions or chives to serve. Cut in wedges and serve directly from the pan.
For the salad, heat a large pot of water to boil, and season water with salt.
Stem chard and boil the stems 3 minutes, remove, cold shock, dry and chop into 1 inch pieces. Add greens to water, 30 seconds, then cold shock in ice water, dry and coarsely chop or shred into 1 ½-inch-wide ribbons.
Whisk up soy sauce, juice of 1 lime, sesame oil, sugar and garlic. Add the greens, sesame seeds and scallions, then toss and serve.