How To Make Spaghetti alla Gricia | Rachael Ray In Season
How To Make Red Onion and Smoked Bacon Spaghetti with Cherry Pep…
How To Make 4-Lettuce Salad By Rachael
How To Make Pollo alla Diavolo By Rachael
How To Make Spaghetti with Zucchini and 'Nduja | Rachael Ray
How To Make Crab Fra Diavolo and Spaghetti | Rachael Ray
How To Make Spaghetti Primavera with Saffron By Rachael
How To Make Pasta alla Norma with Lamb By Rachael
How To Make Swordfish With Raw Tomato Sauce + Garlic Spaghetti |…
How To Make Homemade Spaghetti With Marinara Sauce | #StayHome W…
How To Make Mixed Lettuce Salad with Fennel By Rachael
"This dish can be made in stages: traditional, with radicchio and lemon zest, or with radicchio, zest and roasted mushrooms on top," Rach says about the Spaghetti alla Gricia.
- 12 to 16 ounces hen-of-the-woods/maitake mushrooms, pulled into bite-sized pieces
- 2 large shallots, peeled and thinly sliced lengthwise
- Non-aerosol cooking spray
- Salt and pepper
- Large head of radicchio or Treviso, quartered, cored and thinly sliced
- Zest of 1 lemon, thinly slice peel (white pith removed) into small matchsticks
- ⅓ to ½ pound guanciale or pancetta
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped or sliced
- 1 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese or Pecorino cheese or a combination of both
- Black or red pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 475°F. Arrange mushrooms and shallots on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Spray to coat or toss with oil, season with salt and pepper, and roast at center oven to crispy 15 minutes.
Bring water to a boil for pasta.
Place the guanciale in the freezer for 10 minutes. Once it's firm, slice it into thin ½-inch-long pieces.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add EVOO, a turn of the pan, add guanciale or pancetta and render slowly over 7 to 8 minutes, reducing heat if necessary. You want all the flavor and a lightly browned product.
Salt the boiling water, drop the pasta and cook 6 to 7 minutes.
Add garlic to guanciale and swirl. Add 1 cup cooking water to pan.
Add radicchio (if using) to pan to wilt and add the lemon zest, pasta and cheese to toss and emulsify.
Serve pasta in shallow bowls and, if using, top with mushrooms and shallots.