Statement Salad: Rachael's Chipotle Chicken Cobb with Avocado Go…
Brooke Shields Tearfully Recounts Devastating Accident + Leg Inj…
How to Make Roasted Honey-Soy Green Beans | Rachael Ray
We Surprise a Mom of 10 (Including 6 Foster Kids!) Who Works So …
How to Make Salt 'n' Pepper Pork or Chicken | Rachael Ray
How to Make Caramel Apple Shortcakes | Grant Melton
How to Make Sausages with Apples and Onions & Charred, Spiced Ca…
Robin Roberts Tearfully Recalls the Emotional Moment Her Sister …
How to Make Easy Grilled Corn with Jalapeño Cilantro Glaze | Sun…
How to Make Sheet Pan Chicken with Rosemary & Grapes | Queer Eye…
How to Make Chianti Risotto with Garlicky Spinach and Oven Charr…
Feast Your Eyes on Our Savory 16 Charcuterie Board + We Promise …
How to Make an Edible Cheeseboard With Focaccia for Your Next Pa…
How to Make Miso Ramen with Steak, Japanese-Style Tomato Salad +…
How to Make Apple Cider Doughnut Cake | Milk Bar's Christina Tosi
Cake Boss Buddy Valastro Tells Rachael His Hand Is At 95% One Ye…
Cake Boss Buddy Valastro Has Sweet Words For Rachael To Celebrat…
How to Make a Bumbleberry Pie Sundae | Gail Simmons
How to Make Spaghetti or Linguini with Red Clam Sauce | Rachael …
Coach Rob Mendez, Football Coach Born Without Limbs, Tells His I…
The classic Cobb salad gets an update with smoky-spicy BBQ chicken and a creamy ranch-inspired dressing.
- 2 scallions, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 avocado, pitted and scooped from skin
- 1 lime
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup flat parsley, or cilantro tops
- 1/4 cup dill tops
- 2 teaspoons green hot sauce, or 1 small seeded green chili pepper
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive or canola oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons canned chipotles in adobo sauce, pasted or pureed
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce, or smoked soy sauce (smoked shoyu)
- One 8-ounce can tomato sauce, or ketchup
- 12 slices meaty bacon
- 4 pieces chicken breasts, or 6 pieces chicken thighs
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 large shallot, very thinly sliced
- Tarragon or basil, chopped
- 10-12 cups chopped romaine, or iceberg lettuce or combo
- 1 1/2 cups crumbled smoked blue cheese, or blue cheese or ricotta salata or feta
- Grilled corn , or planks of zucchini, chopped (optional)
- Pickled jalapeño pepper slices, optional
- Thinly sliced radishes, optional
Preheat oven to 375˚F.
Place ranch ingredients in food processor or high power blender and combine until smooth and adjust salt.
For sauce, heat skillet or small saucepot over medium heat with olive oil, 1 tablespoon, add onion and garlic, season with salt and pepper, and cook to soften 10 minutes. Add chipotle, sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire, soy and tomato sauce, and simmer 10-15 minutes more to thicken at a low bubble. If sauce gets too thick, add chicken stock or water to thin.
Arrange bacon on slotted pan or wire rack-lined baking sheet and bake to very crisp, then chop into 1-inch pieces.
Preheat a nonstick or cast-iron skillet, grill pan or outdoor grill to medium high. Season chicken with salt and pepper and cook 10-12 minutes to just cook through. (Use 2 tablespoons olive oil if cooking chicken in skillet.) Baste with barbecue sauce if using grill or grill pan, or add barbecue sauce to skillet and coat. Slice barbecued chicken.
Combine tomatoes with shallot and tarragon or basil.
Arrange the lettuce on board or platter and top with dressing, then arrange bacon, cheese, tomatoes, chicken and choice of additional toppings.