How To Make Vegan Burritos By Rachael
Tommy DiDario Styles Man Who Went Viral Offering To Do Odd Jobs …
How To DIY Sun Protection For Hair | Celebrity Hairstylist Ted G…
How To Do a Twist Braid | Summer Hair Trends | Celebrity Hairsty…
How To Make Quick Beef or Chicken Curry with Ginger and Leeks | …
Rachael + John Get Emotional Sharing Figurine Of "Angel Isaboo" …
Fear The Walking Dead Actress Jenna Elfman On Why She Thinks The…
Dharma & Greg Star Jenna Elfman Reminisces On The Show 20 Years …
How To Make Pasta con Poblano | Rachael Ray
This Incredible 15-Year-Old Baker Is Fighting Child Food Insecur…
NEW: Duff Goldman's No-Bake Chocolate Cream Pie + Buddy Valastro…
ALL NEW: Rach's Pasta alla Norma + A Summer Salad Made With BREAD
How To Grill Pork Tenderloin, Poultry Burgers + Burger Blends | …
How To Make a Negroni Royale Cocktail | John Cusimano
How To Grill Sausages The Right Way—Without Drying Them Out | Ra…
Rachael's Favorite Restaurants + Things To Do In The Adirondacks…
How To Make Tagliatelle with Ground Meat Ragu and Peas | Rachael…
How To Make Lemon-Blueberry Ricotta Cheesecake | Rachael's Siste…
How To Make Honey-Bourbon Glazed Chicken With Wild Rice | Chef J…
How To Make Kung Pao Chicken | Chef Jet Tila
Man Who Was Shot Saving Stranger's Life Starts Organization Devo…
Rach's vegan burritos are layered with guacamole, pico de gallo, smoky black beans and corn, plus green rice spiked with jalapeños and spinach.
- 1 ½ cups vegetable stock or water
- 1 cup white rice
- One handful cilantro
- 4 scallions, coarsely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
- About 4 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 1 lime, juiced
- About 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, grated or chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin, about ⅓ palmful
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander, about ⅓ palmful
- 1 teaspoon Mexican oregano, about ⅓ palmful, lightly crushed
- 1 tablespoon Chipotle Tabasco or chipotle in adobo paste or 1 ½ teaspoons ground chipotle powder, about ½ palmful
- Salt and pepper
- One 14-ounce can black beans, drained
- 1 ½ cups frozen fire-roasted corn kernels
- One 15-ounce can fire-roasted diced tomatoes, drained (or 2-3 fresh tomatoes, chopped, about 1 ½ cups)
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- ½ small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 lime
- One small handful cilantro, finely chopped
- Salt, to taste
- 2 ripe Haas avocados
- 2 limes
- ½ small white onion, grated
- 1 jalapeño pepper, grated
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- Salt, to taste
- 4-6 large flour tortillas or gluten-free tortillas
For the green rice, bring stock or water and rice to boil, season with salt, reduce heat to simmer, cover and cook 12 to 13 minutes.
Finely pulse-grind the rest of the ingredients in a food processor and add to the rice at about 13 minutes. Cook, covered, 5 minutes more, then remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with fork.
For the black beans and corn, heat oil in medium skillet over medium heat and cook onions, garlic, cumin, coriander, oregano, chipotle, salt and pepper to soften 7-8 minutes while stirring, add ½ cup water and absorb, add beans and corn and heat through, reduce to low heat.
For the pico de gallo, combine all ingredients in a bowl.
For the guacamole, halve, pit and scrape avocados into bowl, add lime juice, onion, jalapeño, garlic and salt to taste.
To assemble, char tortillas over flame on gas top stove or in hot cast iron or stainless steel skillet to blister and heat 30 seconds on each side.
On each tortilla, spread some rice, about ¾ cup. Top with beans and corn, pico de gallo and guacamole. Tuck the sides in and roll the burritos tightly.
Place burritos on preheated nonstick griddle, seam-side down, and crisp up.
Halve the burritos to serve.